    programs out of the many installed on my machine.
    Is there a fix for this? (I'm running XP Pro)
    Peter

    flyernzl, Oct 12, 2004

  2. flyernzl

    docmill Guest

    flyernzl <> wrote in news::

    > Hi, I've run into a weird one here.
    > With a couple of my programs, I find that when I double-click a file
    > created by that program, the program opens but does not open the
    > actual file. I have to use the drop down file-open menu to find the
    > file and open that manually. This only seems to occur, currently, with
    > two programs out of the many installed on my machine.
    > Is there a fix for this? (I'm running XP Pro)
    > Peter

    Open Explorer, find an .* and hold down the SHIFT key, Right click, and
    select Open With. Choose *, put a tick in the "Always use...".

    --
    +++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++

    docmill, Oct 12, 2004

  3. flyernzl

    °Mike° Guest

    Find the file type in Windows Explorer 'Folder Options / File Types',
    and press 'Advanced'. Highlight 'Open' and press 'Edit'.
    In the 'Application used to perform action' box there should
    be a path and filename, ending with %1 . Make sure that
    the %1 is enclosed in quotes, like so:

    C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe "%1"

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:37:11 +1300, in
    <>