    Thank you in Advance

    Merci a l'Avance

    Martin

    Martin Racette, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Not the built in one that was released with XP x64, you need to update it to
    gain compatibility with XP x86:
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 27, 2006

  3. Hello Martin,
    You need an updated copy.

    From the article:
    The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard included in Windows XP SP2 does not
    support gathering data from a 32-bit Windows XP environment and applying it
    in a 64-bit Windows XP environment. Install this update to enable support
    for collecting data in a 32-bit Windows XP environment and applying it to a
    64-bit Windows XP environment. Install this update to enable support for
    collecting data in a 32-bit Windows XP environment and applying it to a
    64-bit Windows XP environment.
    Link is in the article listed below:

    896344 You cannot transfer files and settings from a computer that is
    running a 32-bit edition of Windows XP to a computer that is running
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;896344

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Martin Racette" <>
    <Subject: file and setting transfert Wizard
    <Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:26:33 -0400
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <copy the settings from the XP standard to a X64
    <
    <--
    <Thank you in Advance
    <