    need to figure out how to access my files and the printer on the XP machine.
    I have "My Files" as shared, but it doesn't show up in "My Network Places" .
    The printer is also shared.

    On my Linux macnine I have Samba (SMB) which is a Windows share program. I
    am using roaming mode so my IP address chaneges when the lease is up etc. etc.

    I need to know how to set-up the XP machine so I can see "My Files" and the
    printer from the Linux machine.
    --
    | Compaq Proliant ML 330 G2 | 733MHz Intel Pentium 3 | Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy
    Gibbon | ATI Rage XL
    | Netgear WPN311 Range Max Wireless Destop Wifi Card | NIC Fast Ethernet
    Card |
    tad1073, Jan 31, 2008

  2. tad1073

    tad1073 Guest

    tad1073, Feb 7, 2008

  3. tad1073

    tad1073 Guest

    No one can help me with this? I thought people who use M$ are as smart as
    Bill Gates?

    tad1073, Feb 7, 2008
  4. tad1073

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 08:34:05 -0800, tad1073 <> wrote:

    >No one can help me with this? I thought people who use M$ are as smart as
    >Bill Gates?

    With a pair of Microsoft computers, we would start with logs from "browstat
    status", "ipconfig /all", "net config server", and "net config workstation",
    from each computer. Read this article, and linked articles, and follow
    instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    You can produce those logs from the Windows XP computer, but I don't know what
    equivalents you can get from Linux. All 4 logs, from each computer, are very
    useful in visibility problems like yours. I'll let you read my articles on
    network diagnostics, and suggest that you find equivalent diagnostics in Linux.
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/10/irregularities-in-workgroup-visibility.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/10/irregularities-in-workgroup-visibility.html
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/08/solving-network-problems-tutorial.html