    connected to the desktop from any computer as well.

    Please advise,
    Mario

    =?Utf-8?B?bXhtaXRjaGVsbA==?=, Jun 4, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bXhtaXRjaGVsbA==?=

    Chuck Guest

    On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:11:00 -0700, mxmitchell
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Everyone,
    >I have been trying to setup my home network to share files and share a
    >Lexmark All In One printer over the past day (I'm using Windows XP). I am
    >successfully sharing the Internet connection. I set that up with no problems
    >at the beginning of the year. However, I didn't set up the sharing at the
    >time.
    >I have a Belkin wireless G router. My cable modem is connected to my router
    >and the router is connected to my desktop. I have two laptops that both
    >contain wireless cards. I have the same workgroup set up on all the
    >computers. The desktop can see the two laptops on the network. The laptops
    >can't see each other or the pc.
    >I definitely don't claim to be an expert, but I didn't think that it
    >wouldn't be this hard! Again, I just want to share the files that are on the
    >desktop with the laptops. I also want to be able to print the Lexmark that is
    >connected to the desktop from any computer as well.
    >
    >Please advise,
    >Mario

    Mario,

    It's not hard, but you do have to do some work.

    The first thing that you want to look for is a consistent NetBT setting on all
    computers, with all personal firewalls properly setup.
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/07/advanced-windows-networking-using.html

    Then look at logs from "browstat status" and "ipconfig /all", from each
    computer, and diagnose the problem. Read this article, and linked articles, and
    follow instructions precisely (download browstat!):
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

    Chuck, Jun 4, 2007

  3. Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357