    --
    The world is a stage and we are all actors and actresses. We play out parts
    and we move on!
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbGxlbmdlcg==?=, May 7, 2006

  2. Hello,

    It could be your ZoneAlarm firewall settings. With ZoneAlarm installed, make
    sure it is properly configured for the local area network.

    You need to configure the ip addresses and add them to the Trusted Zone. If
    all else fails, then uninstall ZoneAlarm and see if the problem persists. If
    you are still having problems, then we'll continue further to try to
    diagnose the problem.

    --
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)

    Eric Cross [MVP], May 7, 2006

  3. "Challenger" <> wrote in message
    >I have 2 Pc's A and B. I also have a wireless router.
    > Pc "A" has windows XP SP2 A firewall and virus protection software. Also
    > the firewall is switched on, windows firewall switched off. Pc "A" has
    > multiple drives one of which I want to use as a network drive. Pc "A" is
    > wired.
    > Pc "B" is running Windows 2000 and is connected to the internet through
    > the
    > router via a wireless connection. No firewall on this Pc.
    >
    > Both Pc's are assesing the internet. The router's firewall is setup.
    >
    > How do I get my c's to share files over a network, or is it my Zonealarm
    > firewall settings?

    If you have set up file sharing properly and turned it on, just ping the IP
    address of one machine from the other then go to that machine and in ZA find
    that in the logs and add it to the TRUSTED zone. That always fixes that for
    me. I use that as a lazy and dirty way to get it all going when I am in a
    hurry. :)
    Diamontina Cocktail, May 7, 2006