    Davy-D.
    --
    If'n tha does owt for nowt, tha does it for thi sen.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2eS1E?=, Aug 31, 2007

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 31, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2eS1E?=

    Jim Guest

    "Davy-D" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can I just say that if, like me, you have a remote pc/laptop connected
    > wirelessly to your network and you wish to share files/folders/printers,
    > first disable or remove any other firewall except Microsoft's Windows
    > Firewall and all wizards will work first time.
    > I have spent days trying to set up my tower, wired to my network and my
    > laptop connected wirelessly to share files and my printer with PC Tools
    > Firewall installed.
    > But as soon as I uninstalled it and enabled the Windows firewall all the
    > wizards worked.
    > So if you are, like me, a novice/first-timer, use the Windows firewall and
    > not Zone Alarm etc, unless you want to spend ages pulling your hair out?
    > And I don't have much left!
    >
    > Davy-D.
    > --
    > If'n tha does owt for nowt, tha does it for thi sen.

    Yuppers, I spent 10 whole minutes getting this laptop connected. I am also
    running ZA.
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 1, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2eS1E?=

    Jim Guest

    "Jim" <> wrote in message

    > "Davy-D" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> Can I just say that if, like me, you have a remote pc/laptop connected
    >> wirelessly to your network and you wish to share files/folders/printers,
    >> first disable or remove any other firewall except Microsoft's Windows
    >> Firewall and all wizards will work first time.
    >> I have spent days trying to set up my tower, wired to my network and my
    >> laptop connected wirelessly to share files and my printer with PC Tools
    >> Firewall installed.
    >> But as soon as I uninstalled it and enabled the Windows firewall all the
    >> wizards worked.
    >> So if you are, like me, a novice/first-timer, use the Windows firewall
    >> and
    >> not Zone Alarm etc, unless you want to spend ages pulling your hair out?
    >> And I don't have much left!
    >>
    >> Davy-D.
    >> --
    >> If'n tha does owt for nowt, tha does it for thi sen.

    > Yuppers, I spent 10 whole minutes getting this laptop connected. I am
    > also running ZA.
    > Jim

    I should add that 5 minutes of that time was spent getting the encryption
    key correct.
    It can be very very hard to enter these things correctly even when you are
    seeing
    the key before you.
    Jim

    Jim, Sep 1, 2007