    Help.
    --
    Lawrence

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgQw==?=, Jul 30, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgQw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Lawrence C wrote:

    > I have a home network which consists of 2 wireless connections and one
    > wired connection to a LINKSYS Wireless-G ADSL Gateway. I have no
    > problem connecting to the internet or using e-mail from any of the
    > machines. However, from my laptop which is a DELL INSPIRATION 6000 I
    > cannot access shared folders and printers on the other machines. I get
    > the message: \\ -path- is not accessible. You might not have
    > permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
    > this server to find out if you have access permissions. From the two
    > other machines I can see the DELL but if I try to access it I get the
    > same message. If I use a wired connection everything works fine. I
    > have spent two days on this and done all the obvious (I think).
    >
    > Help.

    It sounds like you have a firewall misconfigured on the wireless
    connection. What firewall(s) are you using?

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Norton Internet Security on the DELL laptop. Firewall protection is enabled
    on the LYNKSYS router. Windows firewall is turned off.

    I am also unable to ping my IP address.
    --
    Lawrence

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgQw==?=, Jul 30, 2005
  4. I have now turned off the Norton Firewall and everything is working. Thanks.
    --
    Lawrence

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgQw==?=, Jul 30, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgQw==?=

    Malke Guest

    Lawrence C wrote:

    > I have now turned off the Norton Firewall and everything is working.
    > Thanks.

    You're welcome. However, you shouldn't turn off the firewall; you should
    just configure it properly to allow lan traffic. Look in the program's
    Help files for instructions how to do this.

    Malke

    Malke, Jul 30, 2005