    (and if it's how) to extract such information in the AUTO mode.

    Regerds,
    --Salem

    Salem Derisavi, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Salem Derisavi wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I bought a Canon A70 camera a few days ago and I'm now doing some
    > experiments to figure out the different settings than makes a picture come
    > out well in different lightings and situations. Now this is my question:
    > When I set the mode to AUTO and take a picture, I can't figure out, for
    > example, the ISO settings that the camera used when taking the picture. I'm
    > using ACDSee to view the photos properties (metadata) that's stored in the
    > JPEG file. In the case of using "AUTO" mode I see the value of ISO property
    > set just to "AUTO" and if I use a manual mode (other than AUTO mode) I can
    > get the ISO number.
    >
    > I would appreciate it if somebody can explain whether it's possible at all
    > (and if it's how) to extract such information in the AUTO mode.
    >
    > Regerds,
    > --Salem

    Here, look this over:

    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=18377

    It won't answer your question, because apparently nobody can. This particular
    forum is for the G3, but I'm sure your camera has its own forum there, and the
    topic is likely to be identical.

    Robert A. Barr, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Salem Derisavi

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <v0Jdb.3703$>,
    says...
    > I would appreciate it if somebody can explain whether it's possible at all
    > (and if it's how) to extract such information in the AUTO mode.

    No it isn't. When Canon cameras are set for auto ISO, "auto" is all
    that's shown in the EXIF.

    --
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Todd Walker wrote:
    > No it isn't. When Canon cameras are set for auto ISO, "auto" is all
    > that's shown in the EXIF.

    That's interesting. My D100 shows the actual ISO used when I run in
    AUTO mode.

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 29, 2003