Fierfox?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Paul, Mar 14, 2014.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Seems i mistakenly thought Firefox would allow me to step thru HTML
    > code and see what happens as the screen gets painted/rendered.
    > Also, it allowed me to edit the code and re-start so to view results.
    > Definitely NOT in FF9 (hell, its editor does not even allow one to
    > delete a line of code).
    >
    > So,what did i use?

    I typed the following into Seamonkey "Composer" window, with the
    source tab clicked. Then, clicked preview tab to see what it
    looks like. But there's no single step in there. The HTML is
    rendered instantly.

    If you were single stepping code, that kinda sounds like
    Javascript or something.

    This is the sample HTML code, copied from some site,
    that I was using as a test.

    *******

    <title>Hello World!</title>
    </head><body>

    *******

    Perhaps you were using a Javascript IDE or debugger tool of
    some sort, installed as a plugin in your browser.

    Paul

    Robert Baer, Mar 14, 2014

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >> Robert Baer wrote:
    >>> Seems i mistakenly thought Firefox would allow me to step thru HTML
    >>> code and see what happens as the screen gets painted/rendered.
    >>> Also, it allowed me to edit the code and re-start so to view results.
    >>> Definitely NOT in FF9 (hell, its editor does not even allow one to
    >>> delete a line of code).
    >>>
    >>> So,what did i use?

    >> I typed the following into Seamonkey "Composer" window, with the
    >> source tab clicked. Then, clicked preview tab to see what it
    >> looks like. But there's no single step in there. The HTML is
    >> rendered instantly.
    >>
    >> If you were single stepping code, that kinda sounds like
    >> Javascript or something.
    >>
    >> This is the sample HTML code, copied from some site,
    >> that I was using as a test.
    >>
    >> *******

    >> <title>Hello World!</title>
    >> </head><body>

    >> *******
    >>
    >> Perhaps you were using a Javascript IDE or debugger tool of
    >> some sort, installed as a plugin in your browser.
    >>
    >> Paul

    > Ergg...does not ring a bell.
    > Thanks for the try.
    > One thing is,the composer window in FireFox did show some bad CSS
    > code, which is a step in the right direction of "fixing p" what i have.
    > Naturally, there is no program that i can do a WYSIWYG edit that
    > either writes HTML or modifies what you have.
    > Dreaming on in my fantasy, a program to do that, as well as allowing
    > me to click on any screen area and have it tell me where that particular
    > item or attribute came from.

    Well, Seamonkey is a suite, and has a Composer window.
    Seamonkey is cross platform, so versions exist for more than one OS.

    I have no idea how flexible it is.

    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/

    Screenshot of the Composer window open.
    I could view the code above as WYSIWYG.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SeaMonkey_Composer_2.16_on_Ubuntu.png

    Netscape Communicator probably had a Composer window as well,
    but that software is eons old and no longer developed.

    Paul
    Paul, Mar 16, 2014
  4. Paul

    Robert Baer Guest

    Robert Baer, Mar 16, 2014
  5. Paul

    Guest

    On 17/03/14 08:27, Paul wrote:
    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >> Paul wrote:

    >>> I typed the following into Seamonkey "Composer" window, with the
    >>> source tab clicked. Then, clicked preview tab to see what it
    >>> looks like. But there's no single step in there. The HTML is
    >>> rendered instantly.
    >>>
    >>> If you were single stepping code, that kinda sounds like
    >>> Javascript or something.
    >>>
    >>> This is the sample HTML code, copied from some site,
    >>> that I was using as a test.
    >>>
    >>> *******

    >>> <title>Hello World!</title>
    >>> </head><body>

    >>> *******
    >>>
    >>> Perhaps you were using a Javascript IDE or debugger tool of
    >>> some sort, installed as a plugin in your browser.
    >>>
    >>> Paul

    >> Ergg...does not ring a bell.
    >> Thanks for the try.
    >> One thing is,the composer window in FireFox did show some bad CSS
    >> code, which is a step in the right direction of "fixing p" what i have.
    >> Naturally, there is no program that i can do a WYSIWYG edit that
    >> either writes HTML or modifies what you have.
    >> Dreaming on in my fantasy, a program to do that, as well as allowing
    >> me to click on any screen area and have it tell me where that
    >> particular item or attribute came from.
    >>

    > Well, Seamonkey is a suite, and has a Composer window.
    > Seamonkey is cross platform, so versions exist for more than one OS.
    >
    > I have no idea how flexible it is.
    >
    > http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
    >
    > Screenshot of the Composer window open.
    > I could view the code above as WYSIWYG.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SeaMonkey_Composer_2.16_on_Ubuntu.png
    >
    > Netscape Communicator probably had a Composer window as well,
    > but that software is eons old and no longer developed.
    >
    > Paul

    Yes, Paul, Netscape Communicator is long since dead!! But it gave birth
    to Mozilla Suite (which is also long since dead), which gave birth to
    triplets, Firefox browser, Thunderbird (Mail & News) and the Suite
    continued as Seamonkey Internet Suite (Browser, Mail & News, Composer
    and Chatzilla IRC). SeaMonkey is what I am using.

    No work has been done on Composer in quite some time. Possible
    replacements have included Komposer, NuVu (both dead, I think) and
    BlueGriffon http://bluegriffon.org/ which shows their release 1.7.2
    released on 19 Jun 2013, so still breathing, apparently!!

    HTH

    Daniel
    , Mar 17, 2014