  1. I'm about to download for the 64bit XP system, anybody know about these
    alternatives?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 29, 2008

  2. Tony Sperling

    Carlos Guest

    MMS or SSE is only used when ffdshow does post-processing, i.e., when you add
    effects to the video.
    You can have both x86 and x64 versions living together in your Windows x64
    installation.
    x86 players will use ffdshow x86
    x64 players will use ffdshow x64
    You don't have WMP x64 in Windows XP x64 so you may skip ffdshow x64.
    I always use the "clsid" builds downloadable here:
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=173941&package_id=199416
    The generic builds don't use the processor extra features for post-processing.
    icl10 builds use SSE instructions.
    64-bit builds are just those, x64 builds that can be used (also in Windows
    XP x64) with the 64 bit version of Media Player Classic (not WMP).
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=170561
    Enjoy.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 29, 2008

  3. Oh! - The post processing - thanks for clearing that!

    I usually download from free-codecs.com, but the site seem to have changed a
    bit and there is no mention of any bitness varieties.

    This is where I am at the moment:

    http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDShow_download.htm

    I guess the plain vanilla version at the top should suit me fine for now - I
    do not think I am using any 64bit players at all, everything seems to work
    just fine with standard MPC.

    If anyone remember 'Ginger Baker' (drummer of Cream!), just today I managed
    to lay my hands on a DVD - an old film, "Ginger Baker in Africa', that I saw
    on TV almost 40 years ago, one heck of a 'Road Movie' - can't wait to fire
    that one up.

    (How time flies!)

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 30, 2008
  4. Tony Sperling

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    You are Ok with that version, that's the one I used to download.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 30, 2008
  5. Good! It's all done now. See if it works tomorrow.

    And thank you!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 30, 2008
  6. Tony Sperling

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    Did it work?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 1, 2008
  7. Ah, I have been terribly busy and did not test it yet. The fact is that the
    little home, back home, has been invaded by an army of 'Kramers' (. .
    ..Seinfeld, you know?) tearing out the bath and throne + half the kitchen -
    and I mean right down to the concrete - it's all gone!

    The plans look very good, but they'll be at it for at least two months, so
    it has better be good, I want them out by Christmas, or I'll flip my lid!

    ARRRGH!

    Now they've all gone for the night and I'll have some time to clear away a
    little correspondance! Right now I'm listening to Ry Cooder playing some
    Salvation Army music thaat auto-started in Windows Media Player so I cannot
    really say right now. I'm not worried, it should work as usual, I'll just
    need to get my (sh*t) together in the midst of all this.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 1, 2008
  8. Tony Sperling

    Carlos Guest

    That reminds me of a Tom Hanks movie, when his house was invaded by masons
    and other craftsmen whose deadline was always "two weeks" ahead.
    Hope your "two months" will be in target!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 1, 2008
  9. Tony Sperling

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Carlos.

    Ah, yes. "The Money Pit"! Delightful movie, but not fun for those
    homeowners!

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > That reminds me of a Tom Hanks movie, when his house was invaded by masons
    > and other craftsmen whose deadline was always "two weeks" ahead.
    > Hope your "two months" will be in target!
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Tony Sperling" wrote:
    >
    >> Ah, I have been terribly busy and did not test it yet. The fact is that
    >> the
    >> little home, back home, has been invaded by an army of 'Kramers' (. .
    >> ..Seinfeld, you know?) tearing out the bath and throne + half the
    >> kitchen -
    >> and I mean right down to the concrete - it's all gone!
    >>
    >> The plans look very good, but they'll be at it for at least two months,
    >> so
    >> it has better be good, I want them out by Christmas, or I'll flip my lid!
    >>
    >> ARRRGH!
    >>
    >> Now they've all gone for the night and I'll have some time to clear away
    >> little correspondance! Right now I'm listening to Ry Cooder playing some
    >> Salvation Army music thaat auto-started in Windows Media Player so I
    >> cannot
    >> really say right now. I'm not worried, it should work as usual, I'll just
    >> need to get my (sh*t) together in the midst of all this.
    >>

    >> Tony. . .
    >>

    >> "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> > Tony,
    >> > Did it work?
    >> > Carlos

    <SNIP all the stuff before this digression>

    R. C. White, Oct 2, 2008
  10. Yes, Carlos - I find it natural to like TH. I have seen quite a number of
    his films, but I've missed that one. When I have this (let's call it
    'experience') behind me I shall make an effort to remember watching it.

    And thanks to RC for coming up with the title, when you're doing overseas
    shoping you never know what they end up calling it!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 2, 2008