    several things at once.

    Thanks,

    -- Wayne.

    wayne, Jun 7, 2008

  2. wayne

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 15:08:03 GMT, wayne wrote:

    > I installed firefox 3 beta 5 on a RHEL 5 system. It was working fine until
    > one day I inadvertently triggered page zoom using an unrepeatable sequence
    > of mouse wheel, arrow keys, and holding my mouth just right. It is now
    > stuck at around 50% zoom for this one site, which is actually quite nice.
    > The problem is that when I use the scroll wheel faster than the page
    > updates, firefox crashes. Very annoying. Is there a way I can reset it
    > to zoom 1:1 again?

    View > Zoom > Reset on the page/site?

    There's page/text/image/zoom extensions for control or to manage it.

    I use NoSquint (in Fx2/3):
    <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2592/>
    <http://urandom.ca/nosquint/>
    (After loading the above page in Fx3 RC2 with NoSquint set at 130%
    Full Zoom and Fx window about 5cm less than full width on a WS
    display, when opening the bookmarks in the sidebar everything from the
    image down doesn't display with the sidebar open until I close the
    sidebar, adjust the width of the sidebar, or maximise/adjust window.)

    Another I know of:
    <http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/firefox/extensions-zoomer.html>

    Or search for zoom at addons.mozilla.org for more.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 9, 2008

  3. wayne

    wayne Guest

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 21:52:16 +1000, Rom wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 15:08:03 GMT, wayne wrote:
    >
    >> I installed firefox 3 beta 5 on a RHEL 5 system. It was working fine
    >> until one day I inadvertently triggered page zoom using an unrepeatable
    >> sequence of mouse wheel, arrow keys, and holding my mouth just right.
    >> It is now stuck at around 50% zoom for this one site, which is actually
    >> quite nice. The problem is that when I use the scroll wheel faster than
    >> the page updates, firefox crashes. Very annoying. Is there a way I
    >> can reset it to zoom 1:1 again?

    > View > Zoom > Reset on the page/site?
    >
    > There's page/text/image/zoom extensions for control or to manage it.
    >
    > I use NoSquint (in Fx2/3):
    > <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2592/> <http://urandom.ca/nosquint/>
    > (After loading the above page in Fx3 RC2 with NoSquint set at 130% Full
    > Zoom and Fx window about 5cm less than full width on a WS display, when
    > opening the bookmarks in the sidebar everything from the image down
    > doesn't display with the sidebar open until I close the sidebar, adjust
    > the width of the sidebar, or maximise/adjust window.)
    >
    > Another I know of:
    > <http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla/firefox/extensions-zoomer.html>
    >
    > Or search for zoom at addons.mozilla.org for more.

    Thank you. I should have been able to find that on my own. I feel
    so stoopid. I installed NoSquint as you suggested. Very nice extension.
    It has a very noticeable performance impact though. But Firefox no longer
    crashes, so I am well once again. Thanks again.

    -- Wayne.

    wayne, Jun 11, 2008