    consider going back to IE and ending my wife's snide remarks, "this
    thing is so slow you ought to use IE like me and perk it up some".

    My OS is XP PRO.
    mineola, Dec 25, 2008

  2. mineola

    johnn Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:09:08 -0800 (PST), mineola <>
    wrote:

    >What might be happening? My FF2 was quite spunky, but as soon as I
    >installed FF3 (3.0.5), my FF takes forever to initialize, making me
    >consider going back to IE and ending my wife's snide remarks, "this
    >thing is so slow you ought to use IE like me and perk it up some".
    >
    >My OS is XP PRO.

    I don't even want to pretend to be an expert on anything computer.
    However, I've upgraded Firefox with every upgrade that came along,
    (currently 3.0.5) and have no complaints about its speed.
    Could your problem be another component of your computer, or your
    Internet connection?

    Merry Christmas!
    _________________________________
    "God is dead"
    - Nietzsche (1844-1935)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    - God
    johnn, Dec 25, 2008

  3. mineola

    gnu / linux Guest

    On Dec 24, 9:09 pm, mineola <> wrote:
    > What might be happening? My FF2 was quite spunky, but as soon as I
    > installed FF3 (3.0.5), my FF takes forever to initialize, making me
    > consider going back to IE and ending my wife's snide remarks, "this
    > thing is so slow you ought to use IE like me and perk it up some".
    >
    > My OS is XP PRO.

    too many themes / addon's - tried a different user/profile ?
    gnu / linux, Dec 25, 2008
  4. mineola

    wrote:

    > my FF takes forever to initialize,

    Have you considered installing Firefox Preloader
    (http://firefox-preloader.en.softonic.com/)?

    It loads Firefox in the background on computer start-up, and displays
    the program virtually instantaneously wheb you call for it.

    It does NOT, however, make Firefox work faster once it is initialized
    on your comuter.

    __________________________________
    johnn
    __________________________________

    "God is dead"
    - Nietzsche (1844-1935)
    "Nietzsche is dead"
    - God
    johnn, Dec 25, 2008
  5. mineola

    zutroi Guest

    mineola wrote:
    > What might be happening? My FF2 was quite spunky, but as soon as I
    > installed FF3 (3.0.5), my FF takes forever to initialize, making me
    > consider going back to IE and ending my wife's snide remarks, "this
    > thing is so slow you ought to use IE like me and perk it up some".
    >
    > My OS is XP PRO.

    zutroi
    zutroi, Jan 2, 2009