    Best Regards,
    Thomson
    , May 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.

    I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
    Thunderbird, by way of a test.

    I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/

    I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
    directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
    The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
    button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.

    In the Javascript Console I saw the following:

    Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    Line: 206

    Anyone help me?

    Best regards,
    Thomson
    , Jun 8, 2006

  3. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
    >
    > I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
    > Thunderbird, by way of a test.
    >
    > I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    >
    > I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
    > directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
    > The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
    > button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
    >
    > In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
    >
    > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > Line: 206
    >
    > Anyone help me?
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Thomson

    Go check out the authors website and ask him:
    http://extended.spanglerco.com

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

    gwtc, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
    > >
    > > I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
    > > Thunderbird, by way of a test.
    > >
    > > I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    > >
    > > I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
    > > directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
    > > The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
    > > button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
    > >
    > > In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
    > >
    > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > > Line: 206
    > >
    > > Anyone help me?
    > >
    > > Best regards,
    > > Thomson
    > >

    > Go check out the authors website and ask him:
    > http://extended.spanglerco.com

    I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
    other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
    mislead.

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 8, 2006
  5. not given Guest

    wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > No one answerd last time round, so I will give it another go.
    > > >
    > > > I successfully installed Extension Manager Extended 2.4.1.1 to
    > > > Thunderbird, by way of a test.
    > > >
    > > > I accessed from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    > > >
    > > > I then tried to instal it to Firefox 1.5.0.4., i.e. I saved to a local
    > > > directory, then used install in the Extentions Manager, in the sidebar.
    > > > The download dialogue opened, counted down then presented the Install
    > > > button, which I pressed. Nothing happened.
    > > >
    > > > In the Javascript Console I saw the following:
    > > >
    > > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > > > Line: 206
    > > >
    > > > Anyone help me?
    > > >
    > > > Best regards,
    > > > Thomson
    > > >

    > > Go check out the authors website and ask him:
    > > http://extended.spanglerco.com
    > >

    > I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
    > other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
    > mislead.
    >
    > br
    > Thomson

    Simply install the extension from here
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/

    Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
    on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.
    not given, Jun 9, 2006
  6. Guest

    not given wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > gwtc wrote:

    > > > Go check out the authors website and ask him:
    > > > http://extended.spanglerco.com
    > > >

    > > I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
    > > other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
    > > mislead.
    > >
    > > br
    > > Thomson

    > Simply install the extension from here
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    >
    > Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
    > on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

    I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.

    Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 9, 2006
  7. not given Guest

    wrote:

    > not given wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I would, but this is only an example of a general problem. I can select
    > > > other extentions and I get the same result. Sorry if my example
    > > > mislead.
    > > >
    > > > br
    > > > Thomson

    > > Simply install the extension from here
    > > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    > >
    > > Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
    > > on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

    > I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
    >
    > Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
    >
    > br
    > Thomson

    Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
    extension? Or do you get other error messages?
    not given, Jun 9, 2006
  8. Guest

    not given wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > not given wrote:

    > > > Simply install the extension from here
    > > > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2195/
    > > >
    > > > Most Firefox extensions can be installed directly from the page you find them
    > > > on, its the Thunderbird that requires the save to local directory first.

    > > I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
    > >
    > > Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
    > >
    > > br
    > > Thomson

    > Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
    > extension? Or do you get other error messages?

    I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
    below, which is the same as before.

  9. wrote:

    > not given wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I had originally tried that. It doesn't work either.
    > > >
    > > > Can anyone interpret teh error message I included?
    > > >
    > > > br
    > > > Thomson

    > > Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
    > > extension? Or do you get other error messages?

    > I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
    > below, which is the same as before.
    >
    > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > Line: 206
    >
    > Thomson

    Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
    extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)

    Does the problem occur on a new profile?
    MC (temp) Dan [no email], Jun 9, 2006
  10. Guest

    MC (temp) Dan [no email] wrote:
    > wrote:
    > >
    > > not given wrote:

    > > > Do you get that exact same error message everytime you try to install an
    > > > extension? Or do you get other error messages?

    > > I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
    > > below, which is the same as before.
    > >
    > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > > Line: 206
    > >
    > > Thomson

    > Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
    > extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)
    >
    > Does the problem occur on a new profile?

    Do you mean complete safe mode of rht op sys? Otherwise I dont know how
    to achiveve safe mode. I am using XP.

    I use the default profile, no reason to create another one. I may giv
    eit a try.

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 9, 2006
  11. Guest

    wrote:
    > MC (temp) Dan [no email] wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
    > > > below, which is the same as before.
    > > >
    > > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > > > Line: 206
    > > >
    > > > Thomson

    > > Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
    > > extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)
    > >
    > > Does the problem occur on a new profile?

    > Do you mean complete safe mode of rht op sys? Otherwise I dont know how
    > to achiveve safe mode. I am using XP.
    >
    > I use the default profile, no reason to create another one. I may giv
    > eit a try.

    I created a new profile and that allowed extentions to install. I take
    it thenthat something is corrupted in the default profile. So what and
    how can it be fixed? Or, does this mean I have to go install all I want
    in this new profile and just leave the corrupted default?

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 9, 2006
  12. Guest

    wrote:
    > MC (temp) Dan [no email] wrote:
    > > wrote:

    > > > I tried to install the Torrents Search Bar, and the message seen is
    > > > below, which is the same as before.
    > > >
    > > > Error: gExtensionsView has no properties
    > > > Source File: chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js
    > > > Line: 206
    > > >
    > > > Thomson

    > > Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
    > > extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)
    > >
    > > Does the problem occur on a new profile?

    > Do you mean complete safe mode of rht op sys? Otherwise I dont know how
    > to achiveve safe mode. I am using XP.
    >
    > I use the default profile, no reason to create another one. I may giv
    > eit a try.

    I created a new profile and that allowed extentions to install. I take
    it thenthat something is corrupted in the default profile. So what and
    how can it be fixed? Or, does this mean I have to go install all I want
    in this new profile and just leave the corrupted default?

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 9, 2006
  13. Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > MC (temp) Dan [no email] wrote:

    > > > Does the problem occur if you run in safe mode and then try to install an
    > > > extension? (is there a 'safe mode' in linux?)
    > > >
    > > > Does the problem occur on a new profile?

    > > Do you mean complete safe mode of rht op sys? Otherwise I dont know how
    > > to achiveve safe mode. I am using XP.
    > >
    > > I use the default profile, no reason to create another one. I may giv
    > > eit a try.
    > >

    > I created a new profile and that allowed extentions to install. I take
    > it thenthat something is corrupted in the default profile. So what and
    > how can it be fixed? Or, does this mean I have to go install all I want
    > in this new profile and just leave the corrupted default?

    After loading all the extentions I had previously, anbd restarting FF,
    I was back where I started and extentions no longer were installling.

    I removed All In One Sidebar, and then I could install again, so a
    mismatch between these, possibly.

    br
    Thomson
    , Jun 9, 2006