    to underline legal(the ones with correct syntax) urls so they can be
    clicked & loaded, instead of highlighted, copied & pasted to the
    location bar?

    Wygtya, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Wygtya

    Moz Champion Guest

    Wygtya wrote:

    When I'm on a webpage that has urls listed on it, is there a way for FF to underline legal(the ones with correct syntax) urls so they can be clicked & loaded, instead of highlighted, copied & pasted to the location bar?

    Yes and no.  There are two methods that a line of text becomes a 'clickable' link

    one is the same method used in email/news products, which is basically sleight of hand.

    ANY text following http:// becomes a link until the text includes a character not allowed
    i.e.
    http://this.is.not.a.link/but.looks.like one     note how it ends with the 'space' before 'one' - spaces are not allowed in urls.

    But web pages (and email/news for all that) also recognize the HTML method of assigning links in which ANY text can become a link to anything else.
    i.e.

    A link to the mozilla org page

    in neither case is any checking carried out to see if the link is valid or not

    However there is an extension that purports to do exactly what you want
    http://www.kevinfreitas.net/extensions/linkchecker/
    It isnt automatic, you have to select it from a menu (Check Links) for the page you which it to operate on
    it has a built in 'colour code' for links that show various attributes

    Moz Champion, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Wygtya wrote:
    > When I'm on a webpage that has urls listed on it, is there a way for FF
    > to underline legal(the ones with correct syntax) urls so they can be
    > clicked & loaded, instead of highlighted, copied & pasted to the
    > location bar?

    I'm not sure what you mean... if you want plain text URLs turned into
    clickable hyperlinks, there's a greasemonkey script that will do that.

    greasemonkey.mozdev.org

    I think there's a separate extension that does that as well, but I don't
    remember what it's called.

    --
    Ryukage

    Damian Dollahite, Jun 16, 2005
  4. Wygtya

    MLC Guest

    Il Wed, 15 Jun 2005 19:36:17 -0500, Damian Dollahite ha scritto:

    > I think there's a separate extension that does that as well, but I don't
    > remember what it's called.

    Maybe text/plain 1.1.5 ?
    http://mozilla.durys.net/textplain/

    --