    would pick the brains here for any other ideas or precautions. I have
    backed up the profile to the desktop.
    kk

    yogi22, Apr 5, 2009

  2. yogi22 wrote:
    > FF3 WinXP
    >
    > Clicking on three different shortcuts (quick launch, desktop, start
    > menu) produces nothing.
    > Double clicking on "firefox.exe" in the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    > produces nothing.
    > Putting "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
    > or firefox -safe-mode
    > in Run produces nothing.
    >
    > Something that may, or may not, be of importance is that just before
    > this problem showed its ugly face, I had uninstalled several Adobe
    > programs (air, media player, reader) using RevoUninstaller.
    >
    > Before reinstalling FF and/or doing a System Restore, I thought I
    > would pick the brains here for any other ideas or precautions. I have
    > backed up the profile to the desktop.
    > kk

    see if anything here helps:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 6, 2009

  3. yogi22

    yogi22 Guest

    On Apr 5, 10:11 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > yogi22 wrote:
    > > FF3 WinXP

    > > Clicking on three different shortcuts (quick launch, desktop, start
    > > menu) produces nothing.
    > > Double clicking on "firefox.exe" in the Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    > > produces nothing.
    > > Putting   "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
    > >  or           firefox -safe-mode
    > > in Run produces nothing.

    > > Something that may, or may not, be of importance is that just before
    > > this problem showed its ugly face, I had uninstalled several Adobe
    > > programs (air, media player, reader) using RevoUninstaller.

    > > Before reinstalling FF and/or doing a System Restore, I thought I
    > > would pick the brains here for any other ideas or precautions. I have
    > > backed up the profile to the desktop.
    > > kk

    > see if anything here helps:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_will_not_start_up

    Thank you, Peter,

    As my "client" (brother-in-law) on the West Coast was getting antsy
    for his FF, I stopped waiting for your reply that I knew was coming,
    and went ahead with a remote access session. Having backed up the
    profile, I was confident that I could uninstall/reinstall FF, and, if
    necessary, eventually rebuild FF back to where it was. (complete with
    a financial site cookie that presents a custom-made list of 100
    "Watch" stocks).

    After the reinstall was complete, I double clicked on the icon, and
    immediately FF came up in all its full unchanged glory. It was a great
    relief, but I am still wondering what happened. I was afraid that
    finally RevoUninstaller had let me down by over-aggressively deleting
    leftover Registry items. (Revo automatically makes a Restore Point
    before each uninstall). A lot of worry over what turned out to be a
    minor inconvenience.

    What would in-laws and other relatives, friends and neighbours do,
    without mini-gurus such as myself? What would mini-gurus such as
    myself do without mega-gurus, such as yourself and others who freely
    give their time and expertise to help strangers around the world?
    Thank you, and thanks to the other experts on this list. (Google also
    deserves well-earned thanks).
    kk

    yogi22, Apr 6, 2009
  4. yogi22 wrote:

    > After the reinstall was complete, I double clicked on the icon, and
    > immediately FF came up in all its full unchanged glory. It was a great
    > relief, but I am still wondering what happened. I was afraid that
    > finally RevoUninstaller had let me down by over-aggressively deleting
    > leftover Registry items. (Revo automatically makes a Restore Point
    > before each uninstall). A lot of worry over what turned out to be a
    > minor inconvenience.

    I doubt revo would have been the problem. I use it all
    the time and I've never had such a problem. Then again,
    you never know.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Apr 6, 2009