    videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.
    kk
    yogi22, Nov 10, 2007

  2. yogi22 wrote:
    > Firefox 2.0.0.9
    > Extensions: Too many to mention
    >
    > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/video/vs?id=RTGAM.20071109.wvholmes1109
    >
    > When I visit the above page, I get the "related" column with
    > thumbnails for other videos. However, the area to the left shows
    > nothing. When I click on the links associated with the thumbnails on
    > the right, the problem repeats on the new page.
    >
    > If I activate IE TAB extension, or visit the site in IE, the video
    > displays properly. I have no problem in FF with videos on other sites
    > (at least, so far).
    >
    > Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    > videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    > problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.
    > kk

    for me, on some I get sound but no video, and on the rest
    nothing, plus the help pages weren't much help either:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/content/help/video.html.

    Visit the site, then click on File, Report Broken Website;
    and also send them a message aswell.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 10, 2007

  3. yogi22

    elaich Guest

    yogi22 <> wrote in news:1194712849.080008.73450
    @v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

    > Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    > videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    > problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.

    They all worked for me, after I gave them time to load, and pushed the play
    button. It's probably some extension that you have causing the problem.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?
    elaich, Nov 10, 2007
  4. yogi22

    Frank Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > yogi22 <> wrote in news:1194712849.080008.73450
    > @v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    >> videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    >> problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.

    > They all worked for me, after I gave them time to load, and pushed the play
    > button. It's probably some extension that you have causing the problem.

    Works fine for me too.
    Frank, Nov 10, 2007
  5. yogi22

    Mike Dobony Guest

    "yogi22" <> wrote in message
    > Firefox 2.0.0.9
    > Extensions: Too many to mention
    >
    > http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/video/vs?id=RTGAM.20071109.wvholmes1109
    >
    > When I visit the above page, I get the "related" column with
    > thumbnails for other videos. However, the area to the left shows
    > nothing. When I click on the links associated with the thumbnails on
    > the right, the problem repeats on the new page.
    >
    > If I activate IE TAB extension, or visit the site in IE, the video
    > displays properly. I have no problem in FF with videos on other sites
    > (at least, so far).
    >
    > Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    > videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    > problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.
    > kk

    no problem here watching the video
    Mike Dobony, Nov 15, 2007
  6. yogi22

    yogi22 Guest

    On Nov 15, 3:40 pm, "Mike Dobony" <> wrote:
    > "yogi22" <> wrote in message

    > > Firefox 2.0.0.9
    > > Extensions: Too many to mention

    > >http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/video/vs?id=RTGA...

    > > When I visit the above page, I get the "related" column with
    > > thumbnails for other videos. However, the area to the left shows
    > > nothing. When I click on the links associated with the thumbnails on
    > > the right, the problem repeats on the new page.

    > > If I activate IE TAB extension, or visit the site in IE, the video
    > > displays properly. I have no problem in FF with videos on other sites
    > > (at least, so far).

    > > Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    > > videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    > > problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.
    > > kk

    > no problem here watching the video

    I tried FF in Safe Mode, and also using a bare profile. The site
    worked in both instances. IOW, it is probably an extension that is
    causing the problem. Soon, I am going to trim off a few extensions
    that I don't really use. I will uninstall them one at a time, so if
    the site starts working, I can identify the problem extension and
    report.

    If trimming unused extensions doesn't cure this minor problem, with an
    easy get-around (see next para) available, I'll quit troubleshooting
    as I've got better things to do. (read nerdly RSS feeds).

    In the meantime, if I encounter a similar problem, all I have to do is
    click on the icon that activates IE Tab.
    kk
    yogi22, Nov 15, 2007
  7. yogi22 wrote:
    > On Nov 15, 3:40 pm, "Mike Dobony" <> wrote:
    >> "yogi22" <> wrote in message

    >>> Firefox 2.0.0.9
    >>> Extensions: Too many to mention
    >>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/Page/document/video/vs?id=RTGA...
    >>> When I visit the above page, I get the "related" column with
    >>> thumbnails for other videos. However, the area to the left shows
    >>> nothing. When I click on the links associated with the thumbnails on
    >>> the right, the problem repeats on the new page.
    >>> If I activate IE TAB extension, or visit the site in IE, the video
    >>> displays properly. I have no problem in FF with videos on other sites
    >>> (at least, so far).
    >>> Before I crab to the the Globe and Mail, and tell them to make their
    >>> videos Firefox Friendly, I thought I would check here to see if the
    >>> problem is with the site, or with my setup in FF.
    >>> kk

    >> no problem here watching the video

    > I tried FF in Safe Mode, and also using a bare profile. The site
    > worked in both instances. IOW, it is probably an extension that is
    > causing the problem. Soon, I am going to trim off a few extensions
    > that I don't really use. I will uninstall them one at a time, so if
    > the site starts working, I can identify the problem extension and
    > report.
    >
    > If trimming unused extensions doesn't cure this minor problem, with an
    > easy get-around (see next para) available, I'll quit troubleshooting
    > as I've got better things to do. (read nerdly RSS feeds).
    >
    > In the meantime, if I encounter a similar problem, all I have to do is
    > click on the icon that activates IE Tab.
    > kk

    don't uninstall, disable them until you find the problem
    one. If you've got lots, then disable half of them,
    restart. If the problem doesn't go away, then you know its
    in the other half. If the problem is in the first half,
    then, disable half of those, and work your way down until
    you find the problem one(s).

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 15, 2007