    Need some help here, please!

    Thanks.

    Kay
    Kay, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Kay

    Stubby Guest

    Kay wrote:
    > Launched FF (v. 1.07) tonight, and it wouldn't load any of the tabs.
    > Tried to open them in IE, and they all opened fine. Clearly, I have
    > internet connectivity.
    >
    > Checked to see if Microsoft had downloaded a new security something to
    > "help" me -- but they hadn't. (I use MS XP Pro.) Rebooted, still had
    > the same problem.
    >
    > Reloaded FF 1.07, and still have the same problem.
    >
    > Need some help here, please!

    Could you have blocked the site(s)?
    Stubby, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Kay

    Old Gringo Guest

    On 4 Oct 2005 17:53:54 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    Hesitation Kay Wrote The Following:

    > Launched FF (v. 1.07) tonight, and it wouldn't load any of the tabs.
    > Tried to open them in IE, and they all opened fine. Clearly, I have
    > internet connectivity.
    >
    > Checked to see if Microsoft had downloaded a new security something to
    > "help" me -- but they hadn't. (I use MS XP Pro.) Rebooted, still had
    > the same problem.
    >
    > Reloaded FF 1.07, and still have the same problem.
    >
    > Need some help here, please!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Kay

    Tools, Options, Privacy---Clear Cache & History. Good Luck
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Kay

    Kay Guest

    sites aren't blocked, and clearing the cache and history didn't fix it
    either. I tried disabling ZoneAlarm Security Suite to see if it that
    would fix it, and it didn't.

    Thanks!
    Kay, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Kay

    Stubby Guest

    Kay wrote:
    > sites aren't blocked, and clearing the cache and history didn't fix it
    > either. I tried disabling ZoneAlarm Security Suite to see if it that
    > would fix it, and it didn't.

    AdBlock? Popup stopper?
    Check all Options.
    Stubby, Oct 5, 2005
  6. Kay

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Kay wrote:
    > sites aren't blocked, and clearing the cache and history didn't fix it
    > either. I tried disabling ZoneAlarm Security Suite to see if it that
    > would fix it, and it didn't.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Your profile may have been damaged. Check your server settings. If
    that's not it try a new profile.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 5, 2005
  7. Kay

    The One Guest

    "Kay" <> wrote in message
    > Launched FF (v. 1.07) tonight, and it wouldn't load any of the tabs.
    > Tried to open them in IE, and they all opened fine. Clearly, I have
    > internet connectivity.
    >
    > Checked to see if Microsoft had downloaded a new security something to
    > "help" me -- but they hadn't. (I use MS XP Pro.) Rebooted, still had
    > the same problem.
    >
    > Reloaded FF 1.07, and still have the same problem.
    >
    > Need some help here, please!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Kay

    Mine does that at totally random times, I have investigated and still don't
    know why it does it, when this happens I refer to IE as it is more stable
    for the remainder of an internet session.
    The One, Oct 5, 2005
  8. Kay

    Splibbilla Guest

    "Kay" <> in news::

    > sites aren't blocked, and clearing the cache and history didn't fix it
    > either. I tried disabling ZoneAlarm Security Suite to see if it that
    > would fix it, and it didn't.
    >
    > Thanks!

    unlikely since you didn't mention related potential complications, but... could see if Options, Connections (button) have messed
    settings (proxy?)
    Splibbilla, Oct 6, 2005
  9. Kay

    B. Peg Guest

    Try going into Task Manager and see if Firefox.exe is still running in the
    background. You may need to kill it in Task Manager to get it to restart.
    Seems to be a bug that it will not fully unload upon closing.

    B~
    B. Peg, Oct 6, 2005