    Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .

    Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    Mozilla directory with the other two?
    Stubby, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Stubby

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > I abandoned the Mozilla Suite and install the separate components. It
    > all went very easily, but I found the TB profile in ...\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird . But SB and FF put their profiles in ...\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .
    >
    > Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    > Mozilla directory with the other two?

    with thunderbird closed, move the Application Data\Thunderbird\
    Profiles folder [or go into profiles folder and move your profile only
    [you choose]] then edit profiles.ini to reflect the profile's new
    location [you must leave profiles.ini where it is]
    Jedi Fans, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Stubby

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Stubby wrote:

    > I abandoned the Mozilla Suite and install the separate components. It
    > all went very easily, but I found the TB profile in ...\Application
    > Data\Thunderbird . But SB and FF put their profiles in ...\Application
    > Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .
    >
    > Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    > Mozilla directory with the other two?

    You can but moving profiles from their default locations is asking for
    grief for reasons too numerous to go into. My question is: WHY do you
    want to do this?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jul 27, 2005
  4. Stubby

    Doug G Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Stubby wrote:
    >
    >> I abandoned the Mozilla Suite and install the separate components. It
    >> all went very easily, but I found the TB profile in ...\Application
    >> Data\Thunderbird . But SB and FF put their profiles in ...\Application
    >> Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .
    >>
    >> Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    >> Mozilla directory with the other two?

    > You can but moving profiles from their default locations is asking for
    > grief for reasons too numerous to go into. My question is: WHY do you
    > want to do this?

    My Mozilla 1.7.10, Firefox 1.0.6, Thunderbird 1.0.6, Netscape 8.0.3.1
    and Sunbird 0.2 profiles are in E:\Mozilla\Users. It took a while to
    figure out how to get them there, but I haven't noticed any problems and
    it's a lot easier to back up all of them at once.
    Doug G, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Stubby

    Jedi Fans Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > You can but moving profiles from their default locations is asking for
    > grief for reasons too numerous to go into. My question is: WHY do you
    > want to do this?

    Linux/Windows dual boot profile sharing?...
    what i do personally... extensions in windows for ff arent compat with
    linux extensions or it doesnt seem so, so what i do is i create a
    symbolic link from my linux profile folder to bookmarks.html in windows
    folder [stored in a non-default location on a FAT32 drive] - linux cant
    write to ntfs without xp complaining/data loss hence need a shared drive...

    thunderbird is just using the same profile as no extensions for me...
    hence moving the profile is a useful tool...
    Jedi Fans, Jul 28, 2005
  6. On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:54:29 +0100 Jedi Fans
    <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote:

    >Stubby wrote:
    >> I abandoned the Mozilla Suite and install the separate components. It
    >> all went very easily, but I found the TB profile in ...\Application
    >> Data\Thunderbird . But SB and FF put their profiles in ...\Application
    >> Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .
    >>
    >> Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    >> Mozilla directory with the other two?

    >with thunderbird closed, move the Application Data\Thunderbird\
    >Profiles folder [or go into profiles folder and move your profile only
    >[you choose]] then edit profiles.ini to reflect the profile's new
    >location [you must leave profiles.ini where it is]

    Or simply use TB's Profile Manager to create a new profile in the folder
    of your choice. This is the first thing I do after installing TB or FF,
    and then I make any configurations to the new profile. You can leave the
    default profile as a "clean" option, or just delete it.
    --
    schrodinger's cat
    schrodinger's cat, Jul 28, 2005
  7. Stubby

    Stubby Guest

    schrodinger's cat wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:54:29 +0100 Jedi Fans
    > <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote:
    >

    >>Stubby wrote:
    >>
    >>>I abandoned the Mozilla Suite and install the separate components. It
    >>>all went very easily, but I found the TB profile in ...\Application
    >>>Data\Thunderbird . But SB and FF put their profiles in ...\Application
    >>> Data\Mozilla\FireFox and ...\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird .
    >>>
    >>>Is the right? Is there an easy way to move the TB profile into the
    >>>Mozilla directory with the other two?

    >>with thunderbird closed, move the Application Data\Thunderbird\
    >>Profiles folder [or go into profiles folder and move your profile only
    >>[you choose]] then edit profiles.ini to reflect the profile's new
    >>location [you must leave profiles.ini where it is]

    > Or simply use TB's Profile Manager to create a new profile in the folder
    > of your choice. This is the first thing I do after installing TB or FF,
    > and then I make any configurations to the new profile. You can leave the
    > default profile as a "clean" option, or just delete it.

    Thanks, but I've gotten into a lot of trouble trying to create a new
    profile, stuff it with things from the original, delete the original and
    then rename the new one. I like to have all my profiles bear my name.
    Stubby, Jul 28, 2005