    that these pages are all scrunched up and and cant be viewed properly ..
    I get words on top of pictures and vice versa but with I.E. everything
    is in its place .. any help would be appreciated
    Stuart, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Stuart

    gwtc Guest

    Stuart wrote:
    > I am using Fire fox 1.0.6. and no I don't want to upgrade yet as
    > everything works well but on that note I have 2 problems
    >
    > Problem 1.
    > When I close Fire fox down and and then click on the icon to restart it
    > .. it wont open..I have to go into Task Manager and close it down from
    > there , why is this ?
    >
    > Problem 2.
    > Is it because Fire fox is not configured correctly or is it that some
    > pages I go to are only best viewed with I.E. the problem im having is
    > that these pages are all scrunched up and and cant be viewed properly ..
    > I get words on top of pictures and vice versa but with I.E. everything
    > is in its place .. any help would be appreciated

    its a known problem and what causes it, nobody knows. This has been
    happening for a long time. Some claim its because of extensions,
    others say its a faulty streaming audio/video. Then there are some
    that say its because of a plugin, and some say when you close FF, it
    should be File, Exit/Close. And then others say something completely
    different thats causing the problem. As I said, its a known problem,
    so the best thing to do is what you're currently doing -- end FF with
    the Task Manager.
    gwtc, Feb 19, 2006

  3. gwtc wrote:
    > Stuart wrote:
    >> I am using Fire fox 1.0.6. and no I don't want to upgrade yet as
    >> everything works well but on that note I have 2 problems
    >>
    >> Problem 1.
    >> When I close Fire fox down and and then click on the icon to restart
    >> it .. it wont open..I have to go into Task Manager and close it down
    >> from there , why is this ?
    >>
    >> Problem 2.
    >> Is it because Fire fox is not configured correctly or is it that some
    >> pages I go to are only best viewed with I.E. the problem im having is
    >> that these pages are all scrunched up and and cant be viewed properly
    >> .. I get words on top of pictures and vice versa but with I.E.
    >> everything is in its place .. any help would be appreciated

    > its a known problem and what causes it, nobody knows. This has been
    > happening for a long time. Some claim its because of extensions,
    > others say its a faulty streaming audio/video. Then there are some
    > that say its because of a plugin, and some say when you close FF, it
    > should be File, Exit/Close. And then others say something completely
    > different thats causing the problem. As I said, its a known problem,
    > so the best thing to do is what you're currently doing -- end FF with
    > the Task Manager.

    If you use File-->Exit to quit the program, your problems should be over
    Use the Close Window (Red/Black X) is not closing the program
    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 19, 2006
  4. Stuart

    mike555 Guest

    === You should upgrade to 1.50.1 , but before you install the new
    version uninstall the old version and delete your user
    profile.......... that way whatever is causeing the problem will be
    gone, but you will need to download your extensions and themes again
    (which are probably the problem anyway) ... after that you might want
    to get the extension " User Agent Switcher" and set it to Internet
    Explorer for those sites that only work with IE , it will make them
    think you have IE =====
    mike555, Feb 19, 2006
  5. Stuart

    Ed Mullen Guest

    mike555 wrote:
    > === You should upgrade to 1.50.1 , but before you install the new
    > version uninstall the old version and delete your user
    > profile.......... that way whatever is causeing the problem will be
    > gone, but you will need to download your extensions and themes again
    > (which are probably the problem anyway) ... after that you might want
    > to get the extension " User Agent Switcher" and set it to Internet
    > Explorer for those sites that only work with IE , it will make them
    > think you have IE =====

    Delete your profile?!!! Pretty drastic advice. How about just create a
    new profile when starting the new version of FF and see if that fixes
    the problem? Then you can migrate bookmarks and other user preferences
    easily into the new profile.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 19, 2006
  6. Stuart

    gwtc Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Stuart wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am using Fire fox 1.0.6. and no I don't want to upgrade yet as
    >>>everything works well but on that note I have 2 problems
    >>>
    >>>Problem 1.
    >>>When I close Fire fox down and and then click on the icon to restart
    >>>it .. it wont open..I have to go into Task Manager and close it down
    >>>from there , why is this ?
    >>>
    >>>Problem 2.
    >>>Is it because Fire fox is not configured correctly or is it that some
    >>>pages I go to are only best viewed with I.E. the problem im having is
    >>>that these pages are all scrunched up and and cant be viewed properly
    >>>.. I get words on top of pictures and vice versa but with I.E.
    >>>everything is in its place .. any help would be appreciated

    >>its a known problem and what causes it, nobody knows. This has been
    >>happening for a long time. Some claim its because of extensions,
    >>others say its a faulty streaming audio/video. Then there are some
    >>that say its because of a plugin, and some say when you close FF, it
    >>should be File, Exit/Close. And then others say something completely
    >>different thats causing the problem. As I said, its a known problem,
    >>so the best thing to do is what you're currently doing -- end FF with
    >>the Task Manager.

    > If you use File-->Exit to quit the program, your problems should be over
    > Use the Close Window (Red/Black X) is not closing the program

    others have been reporting that this doesn't help. They're still
    having the closing problems.
    gwtc, Feb 19, 2006
  7. gwtc wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> its a known problem and what causes it, nobody knows. This has been
    >>> happening for a long time. Some claim its because of extensions,
    >>> others say its a faulty streaming audio/video. Then there are some
    >>> that say its because of a plugin, and some say when you close FF, it
    >>> should be File, Exit/Close. And then others say something
    >>> completely different thats causing the problem. As I said, its a
    >>> known problem, so the best thing to do is what you're currently
    >>> doing -- end FF with the Task Manager.

    >> If you use File-->Exit to quit the program, your problems should be over
    >> Use the Close Window (Red/Black X) is not closing the program

    > others have been reporting that this doesn't help. They're still
    > having the closing problems.

    Which 'others'? Please direct me to their posts if you will, so they can
    be assisted in resolving their particular problem.
    Moz Champion (Dan), Feb 20, 2006
  8. Stuart

    gwtc Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>>If you use File-->Exit to quit the program, your problems should be over
    >>>Use the Close Window (Red/Black X) is not closing the program

    >>others have been reporting that this doesn't help. They're still
    >>having the closing problems.

    > Which 'others'? Please direct me to their posts if you will, so they can
    > be assisted in resolving their particular problem.

    you've already been arguing with some of them in those other postings
    Dan. Some are still claiming that File, Close/Exit isnt' working.
    gwtc, Feb 20, 2006