FF preference screens do not render correctly (Linux/KDE)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by ANC, May 5, 2006.

  1. ANC

    ANC Guest

    Isn't there a file that has setting on how FF renders? I though it was
    "chrome' but that file is empty.

    I run Kanotix (a Debian sid derivative) and I like to use the gtk2 'engines'
    which give gtk applications more of a KDE 'look'. Purely cosmetic.

    I installed the latest version (1.0.5.3) and on the Edit-->Preferences
    screens some of the button text does not render and some of the check box
    'text' labels don't either. They are missing or you only see top half of
    text.... dots.

    Websites render fine.

    If you disable the 'engine' on the KDE Control it renders fine.

    I use the FreeSans font as my default in KDE. Never had a problem with this
    on previous versions of FF.

    al

    ANC, May 5, 2006

  2. ANC <anc@not_to_beadams-blake.not_tobe.com> said in

    > Isn't there a file that has setting on how FF renders? I
    > though it was "chrome' but that file is empty.
    >
    > I run Kanotix (a Debian sid derivative) and I like to use
    > the gtk2 'engines' which give gtk applications more of a
    > KDE 'look'. Purely cosmetic.
    >
    > I installed the latest version (1.0.5.3) and on the
    > Edit-->Preferences screens some of the button text does not
    > render and some of the check box 'text' labels don't
    > either. They are missing or you only see top half of
    > text.... dots.
    >
    > Websites render fine.
    >
    > If you disable the 'engine' on the KDE Control it renders
    > fine.
    >
    > I use the FreeSans font as my default in KDE. Never had a
    > problem with this on previous versions of FF.
    >

    > al

    You nailed it. I tried different Sans fonts and had display problems with the newest FF. I
    like the setup you have, though. I'm going to build a box for Debian with KDE and
    Fluxbox :) unless I learn more about FreeBSD first-

    Whatevernevermind, May 6, 2006