    etc. I wonder if this isn't a problem that someone recognizes and
    knows of a fix for.

    Thanks
    Al Dykes, Dec 9, 2007

  2. Al Dykes wrote:
    > It seems that my FF has suddenly gotten really slow. It might be the
    > CSS. The page content comes down OK and then watch the CSS rendering
    > make it pretty.
    >
    > I just plugged one of the URLs into IE and it ran much faster.
    >
    > Except for letting the updater download stuff when it wants to, I
    > haven't reinstalled FF on my machine is ages.
    >
    > ISTR fixes to other problems that involved setting obscure switches,
    > etc. I wonder if this isn't a problem that someone recognizes and
    > knows of a fix for.
    >
    > Thanks

    I don't know what OS you're using, so I will assume windows.
    If so, then close FF, then click on the windows start
    button, then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    do things work better now?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 9, 2007

  3. Al Dykes

    TheCroW Guest

    > It seems that my FF has suddenly gotten really slow. It might be the
    > CSS. The page content comes down OK and then watch the CSS rendering
    > make it pretty.
    >
    > I just plugged one of the URLs into IE and it ran much faster.
    >
    > Except for letting the updater download stuff when it wants to, I
    > haven't reinstalled FF on my machine is ages.
    >
    > ISTR fixes to other problems that involved setting obscure switches,
    > etc. I wonder if this isn't a problem that someone recognizes and
    > knows of a fix for.
    >
    > Thanks

    Did you do the update to FF 2.0.0.11? I had exactly the same problem but
    that was with version 2.0.0.10. Going to 2.0.0.11 solved that slowness
    problem.

    Menno
    TheCroW, Dec 9, 2007