    Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?

    Thanks for your useful response.

    Steve IA

    Steve IA, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Steve IA

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Steve IA wrote:
    > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
    > FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
    > mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
    > all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
    > Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
    >
    > Thanks for your useful response.
    >
    > Steve IA

    Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
    you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
    page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
    amount of javascript code.

    Andy Luddy, Oct 8, 2007

  3. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Andy Luddy wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
    > > FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
    > > mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
    > > all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
    > > Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your useful response.
    > >
    > > Steve IA

    > Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
    > you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
    > page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
    > amount of javascript code.

    Andy,
    I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
    Thanks for you response.

    Steve IA

    Steve IA, Oct 8, 2007
  4. Steve IA

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Steve IA wrote:
    > Andy Luddy wrote:
    >> Steve IA wrote:
    >>> When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
    >>> FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
    >>> mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
    >>> all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
    >>> Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your useful response.
    >>>
    >>> Steve IA

    >> Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
    >> you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
    >> page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
    >> amount of javascript code.

    > Andy,
    > I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
    > Thanks for you response.
    >
    > Steve IA

    Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
    -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
    for me in 2.0.0.7.

    Andy Luddy, Oct 8, 2007
  5. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Andy Luddy wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > Andy Luddy wrote:

    > >> Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
    > >> you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
    > >> page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
    > >> amount of javascript code.

    > > Andy,
    > > I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
    > > Thanks for you response.
    > >
    > > Steve IA

    > Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
    > -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
    > for me in 2.0.0.7.

    Andy,
    Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
    dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
    Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
    I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
    around and see if I can help myself.
    Any further help will be appreciated.

    Steve IA

    Steve IA, Oct 8, 2007
  6. Steve IA wrote:
    > Andy Luddy wrote:
    >> Steve IA wrote:

    >>> Andy,
    >>> I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
    >>> Thanks for you response.
    >>>
    >>> Steve IA

    >> Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
    >> -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
    >> for me in 2.0.0.7.

    > Andy,
    > Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
    > dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
    > Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
    > I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
    > around and see if I can help myself.
    > Any further help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Steve IA

    according to their website, v0.3.5.2 is the current version.
    Anyways, try asking in their forum for help:
    http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 8, 2007
  7. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    > > Andy Luddy wrote:

    > >> Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
    > >> -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
    > >> for me in 2.0.0.7.

    > > Andy,
    > > Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
    > > dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
    > > Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
    > > I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
    > > around and see if I can help myself.
    > > Any further help will be appreciated.
    > >
    > > Steve IA

    > according to their website, v0.3.5.2 is the current version.
    > Anyways, try asking in their forum for help:
    > http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

    Thanks for the response Pete. I searched their forum for a while but could
    come up with no previous answer. I will query directly today.
    BTW, I double checked and and I'm running vo.3.6 as is provided here:

    Thanks again.
    Steve

    Steve IA, Oct 9, 2007