    click.

    Which do you prefer, and
    is there any way to change it back?
    P T, May 8, 2007

  2. P T

    Miller Guest

    *P T* wrote on 08.05.07 02:26:
    > I just downloaded the new FF, and I prefer the way my previous version
    > closed tabs. That is, one little "close tab" box on the far right,
    > instead of the newer syster, where each tab has a "close tab" spot to
    > click.

    > is there any way to change it back?

    Try to add the following lines to your "userChrome.css":

    .tabbrowser-tab > .tab-close-button {
    display: none ! important;
    }

    If it doesn't work you could try this ones:

    .tabs-closebutton {
    display: none ! important;
    }

    HTH, Miller
    Miller, May 8, 2007

  3. P T

    Miller Guest

    *Miller* wrote on 08.05.07 03:44:
    > *P T* wrote on 08.05.07 02:26:
    >> I just downloaded the new FF, and I prefer the way my previous version
    >> closed tabs. That is, one little "close tab" box on the far right,
    >> instead of the newer syster, where each tab has a "close tab" spot to
    >> click.

    >> is there any way to change it back?

    > Try to add the following lines to your "userChrome.css":

    [..snip..]

    Another way is to type "about:config" into the browsers
    addressbar and search for "browser.tabs.closeButtons".
    Doubleclick that entry an change the value to 3.

    cu, Miller
    Miller, May 8, 2007
  4. Miller wrote:
    > *Miller* wrote on 08.05.07 03:44:
    >> *P T* wrote on 08.05.07 02:26:
    >>> I just downloaded the new FF, and I prefer the way my previous version
    >>> closed tabs. That is, one little "close tab" box on the far right,
    >>> instead of the newer syster, where each tab has a "close tab" spot to
    >>> click.
    >>> is there any way to change it back?

    >> Try to add the following lines to your "userChrome.css":

    > [..snip..]
    >
    > Another way is to type "about:config" into the browsers
    > addressbar and search for "browser.tabs.closeButtons".
    > Doubleclick that entry an change the value to 3.
    >
    > cu, Miller

    This would be the better choice. One can also install the Tab Mix Plus
    extension, which adds many options to improve tabbed browsing:

    http://tmp.garyr.net/

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, May 8, 2007