    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, May 13, 2005

  2. Hendrik Maryns

    Adam S Guest

    The server might be busy with everyone downloading the update. Try give
    it some time. Downloading it manually should be fine too?

    Adam S, May 13, 2005

  3. Hendrik Maryns

    Tom Betz Guest

    Adam S <> wrote in news:d62c3m$cir$1
    @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

    > Downloading it manually should be fine too?

    It's always better to download the full installer, uninstall the previous
    release (after backing up a copy of the plugins directory), clean out the
    program directory and install clean. Then you can copy back the plugins
    directory.

    I'd really prefer it if the plugins were located in the user profile, but
    I guess that's too much to ask.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, May 13, 2005
  4. Hendrik Maryns

    Pete Guest

    WHERE IS THE CHECK FOR UPDATES BUTTON?
    TKS.

    Pete, May 13, 2005
  5. Hendrik Maryns

    Doug G Guest

    Pete wrote:

    > "Hendrik Maryns" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I thought installing 1.0.4 would work via the 'check for updates'
    >> button, but I get a failure notice, it says FF can't connect to the
    >> service for updates, not for itself, nor for my extensions, is this
    >> normal? What should I do? Installing 1.0.4 manually?
    >>
    >> H.

    > WHERE IS THE CHECK FOR UPDATES BUTTON?
    > TKS.

    Tools > Options > Advanced > Software Update

    Doug G, May 13, 2005
  6. Hendrik Maryns

    Pete Guest

    "Doug G" <> wrote in message
    > Pete wrote:
    > >
    > > "Hendrik Maryns" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I thought installing 1.0.4 would work via the 'check for updates'
    > >> button, but I get a failure notice, it says FF can't connect to the
    > >> service for updates, not for itself, nor for my extensions, is this
    > >> normal? What should I do? Installing 1.0.4 manually?
    > >>
    > >> H.

    > > WHERE IS THE CHECK FOR UPDATES BUTTON?
    > > TKS.
    > >

    > Tools > Options > Advanced > Software Update

    Thanks. I had looked in that area, but didn't scroll down.
    Appreciate it.
    -Pete

    Pete, May 13, 2005