    Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet explorer
    to save it.

    What gives???????????

    Norm, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Norm wrote:

    > Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm having
    > the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    >
    > I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to save.
    > It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    > download" page.
    >
    > It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    >
    > Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet explorer
    > to save it.
    >
    > What gives???????????

    'Formatted'?
    what version of Firefox did you download?

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006
  4. Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.
    Does anyone else see an attachment for the message I posted at 11:23 (and to
    which I am replying)?

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006
  5. Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006
  6. Norm

    Norm Guest

    "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" <> wrote in message
    > Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.
    > Does anyone else see an attachment for the message I posted at 11:23 (and

    > which I am replying)?
    >
    > "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" wrote:
    > >
    > > Norm wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm

    having
    > > > the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    > > >
    > > > I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to

    save.
    > > > It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    > > > download" page.
    > > >
    > > > It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    > > >
    > > > Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet

    explorer
    > > > to save it.
    > > >
    > > > What gives???????????

    > > 'Formatted'?

    Had to format "C".

    > > what version of Firefox did you download?

    1.5.0.4
    Straight from the mozilla web site.

    Norm, Jun 25, 2006
  7. Norm

    > Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.
    > Does anyone else see an attachment for the message I posted at 11:23 (and

    > which I am replying)?
    >
    > "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" wrote:
    > >
    > > Norm wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm

    having
    > > > the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    > > >
    > > > I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to

    save.
    > > > It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    > > > download" page.
    > > >
    > > > It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    > > >
    > > > Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet

    explorer
    > > > to save it.
    > > >
    > > > What gives???????????

    > > 'Formatted'?

    Had to format "C".

    Norm, Jun 25, 2006
  8. Norm

    gwtc Guest

    MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:

    > Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.
    > Does anyone else see an attachment for the message I posted at 11:23 (and to
    > which I am replying)?
    >
    > "MC (temp) Dan (no email)" wrote:
    >
    >>Norm wrote:
    >>
    >>>Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm having
    >>>the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    >>>
    >>>I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to save.
    >>>It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    >>>download" page.
    >>>
    >>>It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    >>>
    >>>Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet explorer
    >>>to save it.
    >>>
    >>>What gives???????????

    >>'Formatted'?
    >>what version of Firefox did you download?

    what attachment, and I see you're breaking your own Etiquette by top
    posting.

    --
    Before and After Children

    BEFORE Children: I was thankful for a warm, cozy home to share with my
    loved ones.

    AFTER Children: I am thankful for the lock on the bathroom door.

    gwtc, Jun 25, 2006
  9. Norm

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 25, 2006
  10. Norm

    gwtc Guest

    Norm wrote:

    > Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm having
    > the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    >
    > I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to save.
    > It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    > download" page.
    >
    > It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    >
    > Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet explorer
    > to save it.
    >
    > What gives???????????

    close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file downloads.rdf,
    within your profile, and delete it.

    To locate your profile you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Jun 25, 2006
  11. Norm

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jun 25, 2006
  12. Norm

    Norm Guest

    "gwtc" <> wrote in message
    > Norm wrote:
    >
    > > Just formatted,downloaded and installed the latest FireFox, and I'm

    having
    > > the same problem that I've been having for many months.
    > >
    > > I just cannot download a vast majority of files/downloads I wants to

    save.
    > > It just blinks for a second, and then goes back to the "click here for
    > > download" page.
    > >
    > > It works, rarely, on about 1 out of 50 downloads.
    > >
    > > Just tried re-downloading "Google Earth", and had to open internet

    explorer
    > > to save it.
    > >
    > > What gives???????????
    > >

    > close FF, then using your file manager, locate the file downloads.rdf,
    > within your profile, and delete it.
    >
    > To locate your profile you can read this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile
    >
    > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    Been there, tried that (before I had to format).

    I've been having this problem with FF - different update versions - since
    last fall.

    My first attempted download, after formatting "C" and installing the latest
    FireFox was "Google Earth"; it didn't work, and I had to use IE.
    My second download try was "GetRight" (a download manager), and it
    downloaded fine.
    My third - immediately after that - was Go!Zilla ........ and it didn't
    work.

    Norm, Jun 25, 2006
  13. Norm

    Norm Guest

    Norm, Jun 25, 2006
  14. gwtc wrote:

    > MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:
    >
    > > Now, thats odd... Hmmm, there is no attachment.
    > > Does anyone else see an attachment for the message I posted at 11:23 (and to
    > > which I am replying)?

    > >>'Formatted'?
    > >>what version of Firefox did you download?

    > what attachment, and I see you're breaking your own Etiquette by top
    > posting.
    >
    > --
    > Before and After Children
    >
    > BEFORE Children: I was thankful for a warm, cozy home to share with my
    > loved ones.
    >
    > AFTER Children: I am thankful for the lock on the bathroom door.

    Hey, I'm on some serious medication here and sometimes I slip up okay?
    Anyway, all it was was that NC4.7 is showing an attachment for my reply, yet
    there isnt one, it still shows as an attachment, even now. Thought I was
    seeing things, and from your reply, its only nc4.7 that is going blind <g>

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006

    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 25, 2006