    x 600 resolution, so it happens fairly often.

    Could I have somehow turned off this useful feature?

    Thanks for any thoughts or tips on this.
    Ted Kerin, Sep 3, 2006

  2. Ted Kerin

    gwtc Guest

    Ted Kerin wrote:
    > I have the latest version of Firfox, and I find that I cannot scroll
    > sideways -- or maybe I should say, the browser fails to recognize when a
    > page is too wide to be viewed without scrolling, and so the sideways
    > scrollbar never appears, so that I cannot see the whole page. I'm using 800
    > x 600 resolution, so it happens fairly often.
    >
    > Could I have somehow turned off this useful feature?
    >
    > Thanks for any thoughts or tips on this.

    are you using the default theme?

    --
    Peeves That Your Dog Has About You . . . A Message From Your Dog:

    Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew
    your stuff up when you're not home.

    The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whoooo
    hoooooooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

    Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I
    freak out every time we go back!

    .. . . to be continued
    gwtc, Sep 3, 2006

  3. Ted Kerin

    Ted Kerin Guest

    "gwtc" <7yjsIFfetn> wrote in message
    > Ted Kerin wrote:
    >> I have the latest version of Firfox, and I find that I cannot scroll
    >> sideways -- or maybe I should say, the browser fails to recognize when a
    >> page is too wide to be viewed without scrolling, and so the sideways
    >> scrollbar never appears, so that I cannot see the whole page. I'm using
    >> 800 x 600 resolution, so it happens fairly often.
    >>
    >> Could I have somehow turned off this useful feature?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any thoughts or tips on this.

    > are you using the default theme?

    Thanks for the reply.

    Yes, I am using the default theme.
    Ted Kerin, Sep 3, 2006