    Any suggestions?

    thanks for your help
    , Jul 7, 2005

  2. uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:
    > Hmmm anybody know what could be wrong with this situation: when I get
    > connected to certain websites (e.g icq.com) and try to launch the icq online
    > program, it shows up for a second or two then disappears?? Same thing when
    > I use IE. I have the pop up blocker disabled as well during use of this
    > site?
    >
    > This will also happen with a few other sites.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks for your help

    I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare
    Hendrik Maryns, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Ed Mullen Guest

    Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Yeah sorry I should make it clearer-my fault. When I try to open the ICQ
    program (web version) from icq.com This is where I have the problem. But I
    do have a problem with a few other sites over the past 6months or so. Very
    strange and I wonder why. This happens with the IE browser too. :(

    Thanks
    , Jul 7, 2005
  5. Ed Mullen uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 22:07:
    > Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    >
    >> uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:
    >>
    >>> Hmmm anybody know what could be wrong with this situation: when I get
    >>> connected to certain websites (e.g icq.com) and try to launch the icq
    >>> online
    >>> program, it shows up for a second or two then disappears?? Same
    >>> thing when
    >>> I use IE. I have the pop up blocker disabled as well during use of this
    >>> site?
    >>>
    >>> This will also happen with a few other sites.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?
    >>>
    >>> thanks for your help

    >> I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?
    >>

    > Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

    No, I mean a link to this `icg online program'. I don't want to go
    clicking on every link on that page!

    If the OP meant icq2go, (http://go.icq.com/), it works fine for me.

    Hendrik Maryns, Jul 7, 2005
  6. Ed Mullen Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:

    > Ed Mullen uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 22:07:
    >
    >> Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    >>
    >>> uitte de volgende tekst op 7/07/2005 21:09:

    >>> I can't find any link named ICQ online, can you give a url?
    >>>

    >> Seems to need the full link: http://www.icq.com/

    > No, I mean a link to this `icg online program'. I don't want to go
    > clicking on every link on that page!
    >
    > If the OP meant icq2go, (http://go.icq.com/), it works fine for me.

    I assumed that's what he meant by the "online program." The initial
    screen comes up fine but since I don't have an ICQ id I couldn't go any
    further to test it.

    Ed Mullen, Jul 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Thanks but my real question does anyone know why this happens to me? :) or a
    way to correct this?
    Probably need a programming whiz to answer.

    Cheers
    , Jul 8, 2005
  8. Doug G Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks but my real question does anyone know why this happens to me? :) or a
    > way to correct this?
    > Probably need a programming whiz to answer.
    >
    > Cheers

    Do you have Flash enabled?
    Doug G, Jul 8, 2005
  9. Guest

    As far as I know yes I have "flash" enabled. :)
    , Jul 8, 2005
  10. Doug G Guest

    Doug G, Jul 8, 2005
  11. Guest

    Thanks. This is the message I get: When you see the Macromedia Authorware
    Web Player movie playing below the labeled box, then your installation was
    successful. Then below that is "download plug-in" screen. I click on that
    and FF can't find a plug in for this.

    Thanks
    , Jul 8, 2005
  12. Doug G Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks. This is the message I get: When you see the Macromedia Authorware
    > Web Player movie playing below the labeled box, then your installation was
    > successful. Then below that is "download plug-in" screen. I click on that
    > and FF can't find a plug in for this.
    >
    > Thanks

    In Windows Explorer look in Firefox's plugins folder for a file named
    npswf32.dll, it controls Shockwave Flash. If the file is there and
    Firefox still doesn't show Flash, an extension or something is
    preventing it from working. Check your extensions.

    If the file isn't anywhere on your hard drive (it can be copied from one
    folder to another), go to the Macromedia site, download the Flash Player
    and install it.

    *IMPORTANT NOTE*: When you delete the quoted text in Mozilla and
    Netscape newsgroups you force readers to open previous messages in order
    to determine what the thread is about. Some people get pissed off when
    snipping occurs and won't reply even though they may have a solution to
    the problem.
    Doug G, Jul 8, 2005
  13. Guest

    Thanks. I checked and that file you suggested is in fact there. I have no
    idea where to go now. :) I guess I will have to live with it.

    Cheers
    , Jul 9, 2005