  1. Fid

    Fid Guest

    Anyone know if there were there any improvements in speed made in 2.0?

    Fid, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Fid wrote:
    > Anyone know if there were there any improvements in speed made in 2.0?

    I've heard tell that some Windows folks find it loads slower. No
    difference on a Mac, at least from here.

    Most reports are that once its loaded, page rendering is noticeably
    faster. ON a cable modem here, 1,5 was fast, 2.0 is fast. I think I
    would need a stopwatch calibrated in hundredths to tell.

    It can depend on the kind of site you visit. I don't do games, I don't
    often watch streaming video, so my demands are lighter then many other
    folks.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 27, 2006

  3. On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 02:41:25 GMT, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    > Fid wrote:
    > > Anyone know if there were there any improvements in speed made in
    > > 2.0?

    > I've heard tell that some Windows folks find it loads slower. No
    > difference on a Mac, at least from here.

    Firefox 2.0 loads in about 4 seconds on my Pentium II 233mHz system. That's
    about the same as 1.5. Some pages load a bit faster in 2.0, while others
    remain the same as in 1.5. Nothing in 2.0 seems to load slower though.

    The spell checker and built in undo close tab are great, and they added
    these without impacting the speed at all. The scroll arrows for the tab bar
    were a major annoyance, but I figured out how to prevent them from showing
    until there are really lots of tabs open. At the very least, there should
    be options under the tab settings to go back to 1.5 style tabs. Aside from
    the tabs, everything else in Firefox 2.0 has been either the same or an
    improvement over 1.5 - including the speed. :)

    FoxWolfie Galen, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Fid

    Snooky Guest

    Fid wrote:
    > Anyone know if there were there any improvements in speed made in 2.0?

    It SEEMS faster on my system (Pentium 1.7Ghz, 256meg ram).

    Snooky, Oct 27, 2006
  5. Fid

    Jerry McEwen Guest

    On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:52:54 -0400, Fid <> wrote:

    > Anyone know if there were there any improvements in speed made in 2.0?

    FF 2.0 is definitely faster for me on P4 1.8, 1 GIG RAM.

    Jerry McEwen, Oct 28, 2006