    option really kept out tracking cookies. At least it did on my PC.
    However, I don't see this option with FF 2.0, or else it has been re-worded.
    How do I similarly configure FF 2.0?
    History Fan, Oct 31, 2006

  2. History Fan wrote:
    > With FF 1.5, there was a setting in the Privacy tab/Cookies heading
    > that let you accept cookies from the original site only. Selecting that
    > option really kept out tracking cookies. At least it did on my PC.
    > However, I don't see this option with FF 2.0, or else it has been re-worded.
    > How do I similarly configure FF 2.0?

    I don't know why they hid the pref, but you can fix it in about:config

    Filter for:

    network.cookie.cookieBehavior

    Set the value to 1.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006

  3. History Fan

    Rom Guest

    On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:38:19 -0500, History Fan wrote:

    > With FF 1.5, there was a setting in the Privacy tab/Cookies heading
    > that let you accept cookies from the original site only. Selecting that
    > option really kept out tracking cookies. At least it did on my PC.
    > However, I don't see this option with FF 2.0, or else it has been re-worded.
    > How do I similarly configure FF 2.0?

    That's not the only pref I used and found no longer in Options.
    Quick Preference Button: <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1851/>,
    adds "Prefs" to the menu bar for easy access to that and other prefs.

    --
    Rom
    Rom, Nov 2, 2006
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    > Quick Preference Button: <https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1851/>,
    > adds "Prefs" to the menu bar for easy access to that and other prefs.

    Thanks for the info. An interesting extension. Just installed it,
    and enabled the setting to accept cookies from original site only. If
    Spybot fails to find any Firefox tracking cookies in the future, I'll know
    it worked.
    History Fan, Nov 2, 2006