    doesn't even recognize windows media 11 on my system or the optional
    real player to see the streams for that matter. Seems I am using the IE
    Tab more and more these days with each FF update.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=, May 31, 2007

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=

    History Fan Guest

    "Jason L ©" <> wrote in message
    news:JuE7i.610$...
    > Having trouble with 2.0.0.4 FF on one of my favorite sites
    > www.cbs.com/innertube (problem just occurred with recent FF update). Can't
    > view the shows anymore. Works with IE Tab though. Looks like it doesn't
    > even recognize windows media 11 on my system or the optional real player
    > to see the streams for that matter. Seems I am using the IE Tab more and
    > more these days with each FF update.

    Try cleaning out your Firefox cache (cookies too), close and then
    restart Firefox. That has helped me in the past when cnn.com videos didn't
    work.
    History Fan, May 31, 2007

  3. History Fan wrote:
    > "Jason L ©" <> wrote in message
    >> Having trouble with 2.0.0.4 FF on one of my favorite sites
    >> www.cbs.com/innertube (problem just occurred with recent FF update). Can't
    >> view the shows anymore. Works with IE Tab though. Looks like it doesn't
    >> even recognize windows media 11 on my system or the optional real player
    >> to see the streams for that matter. Seems I am using the IE Tab more and
    >> more these days with each FF update.

    > Try cleaning out your Firefox cache (cookies too), close and then
    > restart Firefox. That has helped me in the past when cnn.com videos didn't
    > work.

    No luck with that...even tried a reboot with no luck either.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=, May 31, 2007
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=

    C0mdrData Guest

    "Jason L ©" <> wrote in message
    > History Fan wrote:
    >> "Jason L ©" <> wrote in message
    >>> Having trouble with 2.0.0.4 FF on one of my favorite sites
    >>> www.cbs.com/innertube (problem just occurred with recent FF update).
    >>> Can't view the shows anymore. Works with IE Tab though. Looks like it
    >>> doesn't even recognize windows media 11 on my system or the optional
    >>> real player to see the streams for that matter. Seems I am using the IE
    >>> Tab more and more these days with each FF update.

    >> Try cleaning out your Firefox cache (cookies too), close and then
    >> restart Firefox. That has helped me in the past when cnn.com videos
    >> didn't work.

    > No luck with that...even tried a reboot with no luck either.

    For some reason CBS websites have never recognized the fact that I have
    Windows Media Player (11) installed on my system when using Firefox. They
    will work with Realplayer, and I can use WMP with IE. Other websites, such
    as Startrek.com usually work fine, although occasionally I get a glitch.
    IE6 always works flawlessly with WMP of course. I have tried reinstalling
    the WMP plugin and clearing cache...all to no avail.

    --
    "The human adventure is just beginning"
    C0mdrData, May 31, 2007
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jason_L_=A9?=

    Karl S Guest

    On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:30:05 -0400, Jason L © wrote:

    > Having trouble with 2.0.0.4 FF on one of my favorite sites
    > www.cbs.com/innertube (problem just occurred with recent FF update).
    > Can't view the shows anymore. Works with IE Tab though. Looks like it
    > doesn't even recognize windows media 11 on my system or the optional
    > real player to see the streams for that matter. Seems I am using the IE
    > Tab more and more these days with each FF update.

    I have the same problem.

    However, the videos display ok when I use Firefox in safe mode. When this
    happens to me with videos (fairly often on the CNN site), it usually means
    an extension is causing the problem.

    Try starting Firefox in safe mode to see if the problem goes away.
    Karl S, Jun 1, 2007