    http://brycetest.3dart4u.com (Bryce Speed Test)
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    TheCroW, Nov 29, 2007

  2. TheCroW wrote:
    > Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a lot
    > when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy graphics
    > like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a sudden. And
    > when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This behaviour was *not*
    > with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are of a sudden.

    close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run
    and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continues?

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007

  3. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    >> Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    >> lot when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy
    >> graphics like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a
    >> sudden. And when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This
    >> behaviour was *not* with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are
    >> of a sudden.
    >>

    > close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continues?

    Folowed your suggestion and FF still has the same problem in safe mode.

    Menno

    TheCroW, Nov 29, 2007
  4. TheCroW wrote:
    >>> Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    >>> lot when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy
    >>> graphics like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a
    >>> sudden. And when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This
    >>> behaviour was *not* with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are
    >>> of a sudden.
    >>>

    >> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continues?
    >>

    > Folowed your suggestion and FF still has the same problem in safe mode.
    >
    > Menno

    then close the program, click on the windows start button,
    then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -p

    this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    profile and see if the problem continues in that.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  5. TheCroW

    Nick D. Guest

    "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    wrote in message news:fimtd3$eti$...

    heavy

    are

    > >> close FF, then click on the windows start button, then run and enter:
    > >>
    > >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    > >>
    > >> this will start FF in safe mode. Does the problem continues?
    > >>

    > > Folowed your suggestion and FF still has the same problem in safe mode.
    > >
    > > Menno
    > >

    > then close the program, click on the windows start button,
    > then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -p
    >
    > this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    > profile and see if the problem continues in that.

    This sounds similar to the problem I was having (see thread below) and
    creating a test profile worked to fix mine.

    Peter, when I was comparing the test profile to the original profile I
    noticed there were a couple of thousand cookies.txt files of 0 bytes in the
    original and countless sessionstore.js files, too. I would guess this
    contributed to the freezing.

    Nick D., Nov 29, 2007
  6. Nick D. wrote:
    > "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    > wrote in message news:fimtd3$eti$...

    > heavy

    > are

    >>> Folowed your suggestion and FF still has the same problem in safe mode.
    >>>
    >>> Menno
    >>>

    >> then close the program, click on the windows start button,
    >> then run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -p
    >>
    >> this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    >> profile and see if the problem continues in that.

    > This sounds similar to the problem I was having (see thread below) and
    > creating a test profile worked to fix mine.
    >
    > Peter, when I was comparing the test profile to the original profile I
    > noticed there were a couple of thousand cookies.txt files of 0 bytes in the
    > original and countless sessionstore.js files, too. I would guess this
    > contributed to the freezing.

    ahhh, there's your problem. This is a known problem. It
    usually happens when you have a FF crash. Make sure that the
    original cookies.txt and sessionstore.js files aren't marked
    as read only. If they are fine, then remove [don't delete]
    all the excess files, and see if that works. If everything
    works there, then delete all those extra files. If it still
    doesn't, then try turning off session restore. In the
    address bar type in about:config and look for these entries:

    browser.sessionstore.enabled
    browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash
    browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once

    once found, double click on them and change them to false.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  7. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Nick D. wrote:
    >> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo" <>
    >> wrote in message news:fimtd3$eti$...

    >> heavy

    >> are

    >>> then close the program, click on the windows start button,
    >>> then run and enter:
    >>>
    >>> firefox.exe -p
    >>>
    >>> this will bring up the FF profile manager. Create a test
    >>> profile and see if the problem continues in that.

    >> This sounds similar to the problem I was having (see thread below) and
    >> creating a test profile worked to fix mine.
    >>
    >> Peter, when I was comparing the test profile to the original profile I
    >> noticed there were a couple of thousand cookies.txt files of 0 bytes in the
    >> original and countless sessionstore.js files, too. I would guess this
    >> contributed to the freezing.

    > ahhh, there's your problem. This is a known problem. It
    > usually happens when you have a FF crash. Make sure that the
    > original cookies.txt and sessionstore.js files aren't marked
    > as read only. If they are fine, then remove [don't delete]
    > all the excess files, and see if that works. If everything
    > works there, then delete all those extra files. If it still
    > doesn't, then try turning off session restore. In the
    > address bar type in about:config and look for these entries:
    >
    > browser.sessionstore.enabled
    > browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash
    > browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once
    >
    > once found, double click on them and change them to false.

    also, check to make sure you don't have any *.bak files, or
    *.moztemp files, or something similar. If so, delete them.

    Also, when you delete all these files, do so with the
    program closed.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 29, 2007
  8. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    > lot when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy
    > graphics like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a
    > sudden. And when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This
    > behaviour was *not* with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are
    > of a sudden.

    Well, don't know how or why ... but the new update 2.0.0.11 did solve the
    problem.
    Thanx for all who replied to my prob :)

    Menno

    TheCroW, Dec 1, 2007
  9. TheCroW

    Guest

    On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:40:45 +0100, "TheCroW" <>
    wrote:

    >> Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    >> lot when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy
    >> graphics like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a
    >> sudden. And when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This
    >> behaviour was *not* with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are
    >> of a sudden.
    >>

    >Well, don't know how or why ... but the new update 2.0.0.11 did solve the
    >problem.
    >Thanx for all who replied to my prob :)
    >
    >Menno

    Is 2.0.0.11 relatively problem free?
    I was going to upgrade to 2.0.0.10 and when I started reading about
    the slow down problems I decided to stick woth 2.0.0.3.
    The one I am running works so well, I dont know if I want to upgrade
    or not. Oftentimes NEW is not always BETTER. Are there any
    advantages to upgrading?

    I'm running Win98se if that matters.

    Thanks
    Pete

    , Dec 10, 2007
  10. TheCroW

    Justin Guest

    wrote on [Sun, 09 Dec 2007 19:49:17 -0600]:
    > On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 08:40:45 +0100, "TheCroW" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> Since the update from 2.0.0.9 to 2.0.0.10 FF is slowing down my system a
    >>> lot when opening multiple page in tabs or just a single page with heavy
    >>> graphics like a 3D gallery? Mousemovements are very jerky then all of a
    >>> sudden. And when all pages are loaded, the slowness is gone. This
    >>> behaviour was *not* with FF 2.0.0.9 but now with 2.0.0.10 it is there are
    >>> of a sudden.
    >>>

    >>Well, don't know how or why ... but the new update 2.0.0.11 did solve the
    >>problem.
    >>Thanx for all who replied to my prob :)
    >>
    >>Menno
    >>

    > Is 2.0.0.11 relatively problem free?
    > I was going to upgrade to 2.0.0.10 and when I started reading about
    > the slow down problems I decided to stick woth 2.0.0.3.
    > The one I am running works so well, I dont know if I want to upgrade
    > or not. Oftentimes NEW is not always BETTER. Are there any
    > advantages to upgrading?
    >
    > I'm running Win98se if that matters.

    In the case of Win98 and XP, new is much much much much better.

    Justin, Dec 10, 2007