    I've removed 1.5 and reinstalled it, but this did not help.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Steve

    Steve IA, Dec 21, 2005

  2. Steve IA

    Steve IA Guest

    Re: FF 1.5 hanging (more info)

    Steve IA wrote:
    > I've been running FF 1.5 for about 2 weeks on WinXP Home SP2 and
    > sometimes, after FF sits idle, disconnected from DU, FF hangs and I am
    > unable to do anything in FF. I can X out to close,and it appears to
    > close as it disappears from the task bar at the bottom but, when I try
    > to restart FF, I get this message: "FF is already running, but is not
    > responding. To Open a new window, you must first close the existing FF
    > process, or restart your system." Then I Ctrl-Alt-Del, end the FF
    > process restart FF and everything is hunky-dory again.
    > I've removed 1.5 and reinstalled it, but this did not help.
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    > Steve

    This seems to happen with only one website:
    http://www.jigzone.com/z.php?167KMF0025056AD87E
    When this is the only tab open, and it is exited using the red X on the
    right of the tab bar,or the drop down "close tab", a tab is left on the
    tab bar saying "loading..." but nothing is loaded and the URL above
    remains in the Addy bar above. Then it hangs as I stated above. If 2
    tabs are open to the same website (they change daily and differ only
    with the ending alpha/numeric and 1 is closed, it doesn't happen. If 2
    tabs are open and one is other than the above website, it doesn't
    happen. When a single tab is open for another URL,(of the few I've
    tried) it doesn't happen. Seems to be some interaction with a single
    remaining tab at this website.
    thanks again
    Steve

    Steve IA, Dec 21, 2005

  3. Steve IA

    gwtc Guest

    Re: FF 1.5 hanging (more info)

    Steve IA wrote:

    > Steve IA wrote:
    >
    >>I've been running FF 1.5 for about 2 weeks on WinXP Home SP2 and
    >>sometimes, after FF sits idle, disconnected from DU, FF hangs and I am
    >>unable to do anything in FF. I can X out to close,and it appears to
    >>close as it disappears from the task bar at the bottom but, when I try
    >>to restart FF, I get this message: "FF is already running, but is not
    >>responding. To Open a new window, you must first close the existing FF
    >>process, or restart your system." Then I Ctrl-Alt-Del, end the FF
    >>process restart FF and everything is hunky-dory again.
    >>I've removed 1.5 and reinstalled it, but this did not help.
    >>Any help will be appreciated.
    >>Steve

    > This seems to happen with only one website:
    > http://www.jigzone.com/z.php?167KMF0025056AD87E
    > When this is the only tab open, and it is exited using the red X on the
    > right of the tab bar,or the drop down "close tab", a tab is left on the
    > tab bar saying "loading..." but nothing is loaded and the URL above
    > remains in the Addy bar above. Then it hangs as I stated above. If 2
    > tabs are open to the same website (they change daily and differ only
    > with the ending alpha/numeric and 1 is closed, it doesn't happen. If 2
    > tabs are open and one is other than the above website, it doesn't
    > happen. When a single tab is open for another URL,(of the few I've
    > tried) it doesn't happen. Seems to be some interaction with a single
    > remaining tab at this website.
    > thanks again
    > Steve

    closing FF and having it still running is a known problem and the only
    work around is the Task Manager [ctrl+alt+del] solution

    gwtc, Dec 21, 2005