    http://www.3dart4u.com
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
    TheCroW, Aug 1, 2005

  2. TheCroW

    Martin Leese Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
    > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
    > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
    > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
    > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    >
    > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    I am seeing similar behaviour which may be related.
    In my case, the computer locks up when the FF cache
    is full and the Web page being browsed uses JavaScript.
    On rebooting, the CheckScan finds problems only in FF's
    cache folder.

    Next time it happens to you, clear the cache and
    revisit the Web page giving problems.

    --
    Regards,
    Martin Leese
    Martin Leese, Aug 2, 2005

  3. TheCroW

    The One Guest

    "TheCroW" <> wrote in message
    > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

    doesn't
    > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    then,
    > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
    > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
    > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    >
    > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
    >
    > --
    > Menno
    > =====================
    > My 3D Art can be seen on
    > http://www.3dart4u.com
    > =====================
    > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me

    Good enough reason to bin it.
    The One, Aug 2, 2005
  4. TheCroW

    Jedi Fans Guest

    The One wrote:
    > Good enough reason to bin it.

    oh and IE is any better eh?
    Jedi Fans, Aug 2, 2005
  5. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel
    > doesn't
    > > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    > then,
    > > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

    but
    > > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

    FF
    > > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    > >
    > > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Menno
    > > =====================
    > > My 3D Art can be seen on
    > > http://www.3dart4u.com
    > > =====================
    > > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
    > >

    > Good enough reason to bin it.

    To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
    native tongue, so ....

    Menno
    TheCroW, Aug 2, 2005
  6. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel
    doesn't
    > > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    then,
    > > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

    but
    > > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

    FF
    > > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    > >
    > > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    > I am seeing similar behaviour which may be related.
    > In my case, the computer locks up when the FF cache
    > is full and the Web page being browsed uses JavaScript.
    > On rebooting, the CheckScan finds problems only in FF's
    > cache folder.
    >
    > Next time it happens to you, clear the cache and
    > revisit the Web page giving problems.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Martin Leese

    Okay, will try that. But I think that it will not work since also the menu
    part is working wierd when I have these probs.

    Thanx!
    Menno
    TheCroW, Aug 2, 2005
  7. TheCroW

    Doug G Guest

    TheCroW wrote:
    >> > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

    >> doesn't
    >> > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    >> then,
    >> > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

    > but
    >> > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het

    > FF
    >> > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    >> >
    >> > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Menno
    >> > =====================
    >> > My 3D Art can be seen on
    >> > http://www.3dart4u.com
    >> > =====================
    >> > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
    >> >

    >> Good enough reason to bin it.
    >>

    > To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
    > native tongue, so ....
    >
    > Menno

    Please ignore the troll.
    Doug G, Aug 2, 2005
  8. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > >> Good enough reason to bin it.
    > >>

    > > To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is

    my
    > > native tongue, so ....
    > >
    > > Menno

    > Please ignore the troll.

    Ah ok, a troll .... in that case I understand ... "bin it" as in throw it
    way :eek:)
    Nah, no way. FF just rocks besides this minor prob I've got.

    Menno
    TheCroW, Aug 2, 2005
  9. TheCroW

    The One Guest

    "Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message
    > The One wrote:
    > > Good enough reason to bin it.
    > >

    > oh and IE is any better eh?

    Yes.
    The One, Aug 3, 2005
  10. TheCroW

    The One Guest

    "TheCroW" <> wrote in message
    > > > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel

    > > doesn't
    > > > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    > > then,
    > > > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

    > but
    > > > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to

    het
    > FF
    > > > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    > > >
    > > > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Menno
    > > > =====================
    > > > My 3D Art can be seen on
    > > > http://www.3dart4u.com
    > > > =====================
    > > > Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
    > > >

    > > Good enough reason to bin it.
    > >

    > To bin it?? Don't understand that ... my English is okay but Dutch is my
    > native tongue, so ....
    >
    > Menno

    I've just spent the last 5 minutes clicking and reclicking a link, FF will
    not load it.
    The One, Aug 3, 2005
  11. TheCroW

    Jedi Fans Guest

    The One wrote:
    > "Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message
    >> The One wrote:
    >>> Good enough reason to bin it.
    >>>

    >> oh and IE is any better eh?

    > Yes.

    why?
    Jedi Fans, Aug 3, 2005
  12. TheCroW

    Jedi Fans Guest

    The One wrote:
    > "Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message
    >> The One wrote:
    >>> "Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message

    >>> Yes.
    >>>

    >> why?

    > It doesn't crash, refuse to load pages, got enough time.

    what happens when ie crashes, as it does due to letting in spyware?
    normally takes windows with it...
    if you dont like firefox dont patrol the alt.FAN.mozilla group ¬¬
    Jedi Fans, Aug 3, 2005
  13. TheCroW

    Vazilis Guest

    > > > Yes.
    > > >

    > > why?

    > It doesn't crash, refuse to load pages, got enough time.

    LOL
    Vazilis, Aug 4, 2005
  14. TheCroW

    Vazilis Guest

    "TheCroW" <> ha scritto nel messaggio news:...
    > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
    > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
    > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
    > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
    > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    >
    > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    I have a similar problem. The search box don't work all the time.
    I have to reload the page twice. I don't know if it's a google problem,
    o the firewall.
    Vazilis, Aug 4, 2005
  15. TheCroW

    norm Guest

    On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:51:39 GMT, "Vazilis" <> wrote:

    >"TheCroW" <> ha scritto nel messaggio news:...
    >> Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
    >> work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
    >> I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
    >> FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
    >> working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    >>
    >> Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    >I have a similar problem. The search box don't work all the time.
    >I have to reload the page twice. I don't know if it's a google problem,
    >o the firewall.

    Used to happen with Navigator, and still there with firefox --delete
    1st tab often causes problem.
    norm, Aug 5, 2005
  16. TheCroW

    > The One wrote:
    > > "Jedi Fans" <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot==-]com"> wrote in message

    > >> why?

    > > It doesn't crash, refuse to load pages, got enough time.
    > >

    > what happens when ie crashes, as it does due to letting in spyware?
    > normally takes windows with it...
    > if you dont like firefox dont patrol the alt.FAN.mozilla group ¬¬

    It doesn't.
    The One, Aug 5, 2005
  17. TheCroW

    Jedi Fans Guest

    The One wrote:
    >> what happens when ie crashes, as it does due to letting in spyware?
    >> normally takes windows with it...
    >> if you dont like firefox dont patrol the alt.FAN.mozilla group ¬¬

    > It doesn't.

    I think any PC technician who has seen any clients computer will
    disagree with your statement

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SuSE Linux Professional 9.3, Mozilla Firefox
    Jedi Fans, Aug 5, 2005
  18. TheCroW

    TheCroW Guest

    > > > Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel
    > doesn't
    > > > work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF

    > then,
    > > > I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed

    > but
    > > > FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to

    het
    > FF
    > > > working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    > > >
    > > > Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    > > I am seeing similar behaviour which may be related.
    > > In my case, the computer locks up when the FF cache
    > > is full and the Web page being browsed uses JavaScript.
    > > On rebooting, the CheckScan finds problems only in FF's
    > > cache folder.
    > >
    > > Next time it happens to you, clear the cache and
    > > revisit the Web page giving problems.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards,
    > > Martin Leese

    > Okay, will try that. But I think that it will not work since also the menu
    > part is working wierd when I have these probs.
    >
    > Thanx!
    > Menno

    Nope, doesn't help. I have acces to the menu but clearing the cache does
    nothing: FF does nothing anymore, have to close it and the with Ctrl/Alt/Del
    have to close it there and then I can use it again.
    Something I just now noticed: when the problem happens, in the left bottom
    corner, it says: "Stopped". Don't know why. it just says that and I can't do
    anything to start it again.

    Menno
    TheCroW, Aug 5, 2005
  19. TheCroW

    Travis Evans Guest

    On Friday 05 August 2005 11:09, Jedi Fans
    <"news[at]jedifans[--=dot=-]com"> wrote:

    > The One wrote:
    >>> what happens when ie crashes, as it does due to letting in spyware?
    >>> normally takes windows with it...
    >>> if you dont like firefox dont patrol the alt.FAN.mozilla group ¬¬

    >> It doesn't.

    > I think any PC technician who has seen any clients computer will
    > disagree with your statement

    I guess all those times that IE or Windows Explorer crashed on me (back
    when I used to use them because I didn't know any better) must have
    been just my imagination.

    Frankly, I have yet to see one single program (even Mozilla or Firefox)
    that has never crashed on me at least once. And I've used many
    programs over the years.

    --
    Travis Evans
    [The email address on this post is valid, but may change from time to
    Travis Evans, Aug 5, 2005
  20. TheCroW

    Vazilis Guest

    "norm" <> ha scritto nel messaggio news:...
    > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:51:39 GMT, "Vazilis" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"TheCroW" <> ha scritto nel messaggio news:...
    > >> Once every while FF 1.06 stops responding. Scroling with mousewheel doesn't
    > >> work anymore, clicking on links doesn't work, nothing. When I close FF then,
    > >> I first have to do a Ctrl/Alt/Del because only the FF window is closed but
    > >> FF keeps on running in the background and have to stop that then to het FF
    > >> working again. Then when I start FF, it works fine again.
    > >>
    > >> Strange eh? Anything known about this behaviour?

    > >I have a similar problem. The search box don't work all the time.
    > >I have to reload the page twice. I don't know if it's a google problem,
    > >o the firewall.
    > >

    > Used to happen with Navigator, and still there with firefox --delete
    > 1st tab often causes problem.

    didn't have this problem with FF before 1.0.6
    Vazilis, Aug 8, 2005