Fewer college students choose computer majors

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Developwebsites, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Developwebsites, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Developwebsites

    Plato Guest

    Developwebsites wrote:

    > Fewer college students choose computer majors.

    Yeah they see their dad or mom laid off and not working in the field for
    years.
    Plato, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Developwebsites

    Joe Guest

    Stands to reason. They probably dont want to have to move to India and work
    for less than minimum wage to get a job.

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 11, 2004
  4. Developwebsites

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in

    > Stands to reason. They probably dont want to have to move to India and
    > work for less than minimum wage to get a job.

    'Tis true. The company I work for does all of our business in one building
    in NJ. Many of our customers say that they stay with us because we are all
    so friendly, knowledgable and they can understand us. Others simply look
    at the bottom line price and the extra $8/month we charge is enough for
    them to sign on with a company who has very little US support (if any) and
    then they call us and say "Yes, I cancelled my service and went with
    <competitor>, but they are too hard to understand, can you fix my problem?"
    Jim Berwick, Aug 11, 2004