    searching or performance on my PC down. What is your favourite tool.

    Thanks a lot
    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. Guest

    wrote:

    >If you know about these please help:
    >
    >1- I want to put a watchdog in my PC (windowsXP) so when I hit any
    >folder or open any file in my C: drive it save it for the last 24
    >hours, is any tools available for that?

    MRU's are Most Recently Used, the registry is full of them. The
    registry has the folders/programs/docs/jpgs you have accessed for
    maybe a week, you can search the registry for that or find some
    program that will read them.

    Most programs want to delete them.

    >3- I want to see what are the bottlenecks in my PC to it makes
    >searching or performance on my PC down. What is your favourite tool.

    Start | Run <type in>
    perfmon
    <enter>

    This is what I've used for monitoring.

    Process Explorer
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx for at
    the moment system status
    --

    Good luck
    http://i31.tinypic.com/ay63ci.jpg

  3. Guest

    wrote:

    >1- I want to put a watchdog in my PC (windowsXP) so when I hit any
    >folder or open any file in my C: drive it save it for the last 24
    >hours, is any tools available for that?

    I use powerpro for this now that I think of it,
    http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

    I have the last 50 directories saved so I can get to them easier, It's
    enabled I just forget about it :)

    You can you adjust how many directories it saves.

  4. catchme Guest

    wrote:
    > If you know about these please help:
    >
    > 1- I want to put a watchdog in my PC (windowsXP) so when I hit any
    > folder or open any file in my C: drive it save it for the last 24
    > hours, is any tools available for that?
    >
    > 2- I want to download several youtube files at the same time then be
    > able to concat them to gether make a large continus video file. What
    > tools available?
    >
    > 3- I want to see what are the bottlenecks in my PC to it makes
    > searching or performance on my PC down. What is your favourite tool.
    >
    > Thanks a lot

    for #2, i would search for youtube downloaders on google, as well as
    concatenators (i think theres actually an app. with that name...)

    as for #3, try resource meter, and process monitor.
    catchme, Feb 28, 2008