    since it resembles JAVA and eventually C# is going to rule...IS THIS TRUE.

    Thanks,

    Vishal Modi
    Vishal Modi, Mar 24, 2006

  2. Vishal Modi

    Mark Guest

    > I will be finishing my Masters in CS in May 2006. I have 3 yrs of coding
    > experience during which I have worked on VB 6.0, VB.NET and JAVA. My next aim
    > is to crack MCAD...and want to start planning for that right from now.
    >
    > 1) How long would it take to on an averagre for a person whol has VS.NET
    > coding experiene for 2 yrs...to pass the exam. Just an approximation

    i'm just about to finish last exam in mcp-->mcad-->mcsd route.

    personally, i like to spend at least a month (full time) on each exam;
    ideally 2, but i am quite a slow reader. as a general heuristic, i'd
    quantify that to one month per study book used. i found the MS Press
    books poor, but Amit Kalani's superb. spending a month on each book,
    completing all exercises, etc should give you good grades, esp if you
    have 3 yrs s/w exp (providing this is from doing a day job rather than
    from your master's).

    > 2) I have heard that if you pass the exam with C#...its more beneficial,
    > since it resembles JAVA and eventually C# is going to rule...IS THIS TRUE.

    a philasophical question. who knows? it certainly seems plausible, the
    way things are going.

    good luck with it all :)

    mark
    Mark, Mar 24, 2006

  3. Thanks Mark. I really appreciate your feedback.

    --
    vishal_s_modi
    vishal_s_modi, Mar 28, 2006