Few questions 70-316

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by vivek, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. vivek

    vivek Guest

    Hi

    I am dont know the answeres for the following questions ..can any one help
    You use Visual Studio .NET to develop a Microsoft Windows-based application.
    Your application contains a form named CustomerForm to enter time sheet
    entries for a law firm. At design time you set the DataBindings properties
    of each TextBox control to the appropriate column in the DataTable object of
    CustomerDataSet. When the application runs, users must be able to edit the
    information displayed in the text boxes. All user changes must be saved to
    the appropriate database when saveButton is executed. The event handler for
    btnSave includes the following code segment:

    DataAdapter.Update(CustomerDataSet)

    You application fails to work correctly. BtnSave fails to save any values
    edited in the text boxes.

    You need to correct this problem.

    What should your application do?

    a. Call the InsertCommand method of the DataAdapter.
    b. Before calling the Update method, ensure that a row position change
    occurs in CustomerDataSet.
    c. Reestablish the database connection by calling the Open method of the
    Connection.
    d. CALL THE Update method of the DataAdapter and pass in the Connection.

    You create a component named ValidateValidUser to verify if the user is a
    valid customer. This component includes a method named
    AcceptValidateValidUser, which tries to process new user ValidateValidUsers
    for services. AcceptValidateValidUser calls a private function named
    Validate.

    You must ensure that any exceptions encountered by Validate are bubbled up
    to the parent form of ValidateValidUser. The parent form will then be
    responsible for handling the exceptions. You want to accomplish this goal by
    writing the minimum amount of code.

    What should you do?

    a. Use the following code segment in AcceptValidateValidUser:
    Me.Validate()
    b. Use the following code segment in AcceptValidateValidUser:
    Try
    Me.Validate()
    Catch ex As Exception
    Throw ex
    End Try

    What is a stop statment in Visual Basic ???? Does C# have something similar
    ?

    vivek

    vivek, Dec 13, 2003

  2. vivek

    galtulsa Guest

    For the first question check
    http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxtreme/adonet/updatingdat
    abasewithdataadapterdataset.aspx

    The second question the answer is B

    --------

    -----

    galtulsa, Dec 15, 2003

  3. vivek

    kumar Guest

    The answer to the second question is not B, coz wht it is
    doing is the same thing as wht would happen with the
    choice A, coz if u dont handle an exception it bubbles up
    automatically to the calling code, thts how sometimes u
    get the exception warnings from the CLR, in the cases
    when your code throws an exception and you dont catch. So
    in tht case, the exception bubbles up heirarchically and
    at the end reaches the CLR, which invokes your program
    and there its handled by showing a message to the user..

    So the answer is A, it achieves the required
    functionality with the minimum code..

    --

    kumar, Dec 15, 2003