    with the community. Hopefully, you may make some new friends

    Many Thanks

    Ferrit Community Forums

    Ferrit Community Forums, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Ferrit Community Forums wrote:

    > Hello Everyone
    >
    > Just a quick note to everyone to say that www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is
    > now active please support this new site by visiting us.

    Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on the
    site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have built it
    and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is your spamming of
    Usenet.
    And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to a
    newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I give
    you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
    --
    "No thanks."

    trout, Sep 29, 2003

  3. To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

    Robert Larson, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Robert Larson wrote:

    > To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

    And what "fetish" of mine would that be?

    trout, Sep 29, 2003
  5. posting spam...

    Robert Larson, Sep 29, 2003
  6. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Robert Larson wrote:

    > posting spam...

    Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
    Or simply "on"?

    trout, Sep 29, 2003
  7. never mind.

    Let me put it to you this way,

    Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in the
    24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be posting links to
    your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic, but think, do you really
    want all the morons that are on ng's to start flodding your site with there
    spam? I would think not.

    Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business cards.
    Place your page into google so it can be found....

    Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you post.
    Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty harsh, but I made
    an assumption that I was just replying to a bot.. My Bad.

    Cheers

    Robert Larson, Sep 29, 2003
  8. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Robert Larson wrote:

    > never mind.
    >
    > Let me put it to you this way,
    >
    > Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in
    > the 24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be
    > posting links to your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic,
    > but think, do you really want all the morons that are on ng's to
    > start flodding your site with there spam? I would think not.
    >
    > Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business
    > cards. Place your page into google so it can be found....
    >
    > Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you
    > post. Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty
    > harsh, but I made an assumption that I was just replying to a bot..
    > My Bad.
    >
    > Cheers

    Sigh. You've been replying to a reply. I am not the original poster
    (I left the link in my reply text as a point of reference). Thus, my
    confusion at being called a spammer. Please re-read the thread.
    (*My* initial comments appear at the *very* bottom of this post.)

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Robert Larson wrote:
    >>
    >>> posting spam...

    >> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
    >> about?
    >> Or simply "on"?
    >>
    >>> "trout" <> wrote in message

    <*My* first comment in the thread>

    trout, Sep 29, 2003
  9. Ferrit Community Forums

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:

    >Robert Larson wrote:
    >
    >> posting spam...

    > Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
    >Or simply "on"?

    What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you wish to make
    people aware of the site, then include the link in a sig, without all the extra
    crap. The way you did it can cost you your account.

    "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"

    <snip>

    --
    * Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
    * AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts

    Mara, Sep 29, 2003
  10. Ferrit Community Forums

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:53:48 GMT, Robert Larson wrote:

    >posting spam...

    trout posted spam?

    What are you, some kind of idiot savant without the savant part? I didn't see
    the first part of this thread and so wasn't aware that you didn't send the
    original spam, and for that I apologise, but I certainly don't apologise for
    thinking of you as a moron if you accuse trout of spamming.

    "I don't know _anyone_ who's _that_ stupid."

    Mara, Sep 29, 2003
  11. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Mara wrote:

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Larson wrote:
    >>
    >>> posting spam...

    >> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
    >> Or simply "on"?

    > What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
    > wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
    > sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
    > account.
    >
    > "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
    >
    > <snip>

    Eh?
    --
    "Mix some top-and bottom-posting; and the fun begins."

    trout, Sep 29, 2003
  12. Ferrit Community Forums

    Patrick Guest

    Robert Larson wrote:
    > never mind.
    >
    > Let me put it to you this way,
    >
    > Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in
    > the 24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be
    > posting links to your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic,
    > but think, do you really want all the morons that are on ng's to
    > start flodding your site with there spam? I would think not.
    >
    > Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business
    > cards. Place your page into google so it can be found....
    >
    > Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you
    > post. Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty
    > harsh, but I made an assumption that I was just replying to a bot..
    > My Bad.
    >
    > Cheers

    The point is, you *are* replying to 'Trout', *why* are you not replying to
    the OP (Original Poster, the spammer).

    Patrick, Sep 29, 2003
  13. Ferrit Community Forums

    Patrick Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
    >
    >> Robert Larson wrote:
    >>
    >>> posting spam...

    >> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
    >> Or simply "on"?

    > What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
    > wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
    > sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
    > account.
    >
    > "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
    >
    > <snip>

    Any chance 'Mara' of checking who you are addressing.
    Pardon me if *I am wrong* but was above meant to be addressed to 'Trout'

    Patrick, Sep 30, 2003
  14. Ferrit Community Forums

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:50:09 -0700, trout wrote:

    >Mara wrote:

    >>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
    >>> Or simply "on"?

    >> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
    >> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
    >> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
    >> account.
    >>
    >> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
    >>
    >> <snip>

    > Eh?
    >--
    >"Mix some top-and bottom-posting; and the fun begins."

    See my next reply. I missed the first part of this thread - I'm not sure why. I
    never saw the OP, at any rate. The first post I received was the one where RL
    apparently accused you of spamming, which kind of boggled me a bit.

    "If you know what I mean."

    Mara, Sep 30, 2003
  15. Ferrit Community Forums

    Patrick Guest

    trout wrote:
    > Mara wrote:

    >>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
    >>> about? Or simply "on"?

    >> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
    >> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
    >> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
    >> account.
    >>
    >> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
    >>
    >> <snip>

    > Eh?

    Geez, this *is* funny !
    It's like the bloke who's looking at nothing in the sky and eventually
    everyone else can see a spaceship :)

    Patrick, Sep 30, 2003
  16. Ferrit Community Forums

    Patience Guest

    Well I think Ferrit is lovely, they have my vote anytime.

    Patience, Sep 30, 2003
  17. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Patience wrote:

    > Well I think Ferrit is lovely, they have my vote anytime.

    Vote for what? Spammer of the Week?
    --
    "Additionally; so what?"

    trout, Sep 30, 2003
  18. Ferrit Community Forums

    trout Guest

    Patrick wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >> Mara wrote:

    >>> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
    >>> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
    >>> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you
    >>> your account.
    >>>
    >>> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
    >>>
    >>> <snip>

    >> Eh?

    > Geez, this *is* funny !
    > It's like the bloke who's looking at nothing in the sky and eventually
    > everyone else can see a spaceship :)

    Thanks for the reality check.
    --
    "I was beginning to wonder if it *was* just me...."

    trout, Sep 30, 2003
  19. Ferrit Community Forums

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:26:47 -0700, trout wrote:

    <snip>
    > Thanks for the reality check.
    >--
    >"I was beginning to wonder if it *was* just me...."

    Apparently not. My bad. :(

    I should cut back to doing four things at once instead of six, I guess.

    "Though I *did* get them all done. Including painting the hallway ceiling. LOL"

    Mara, Sep 30, 2003