Ferrit.co.nz registration is braindead

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 14, 2007.

  1. I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
    birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
    registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
    I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
    assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD a birthdate would
    be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
    telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?

    WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
    bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
    Dec.

    *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
    that smarmy error message really got under my skin.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
    flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
    display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
    input the info? :-D

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 14, 2007

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
    > birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
    > registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
    > I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
    > assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD a birthdate would
    > be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
    > telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    >
    > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
    > bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
    > Dec.
    >
    > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
    > that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet
    >
    > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
    > flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
    > display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
    > input the info? :-D

    But you are only young ...

    Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?

    WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

    Mark Robinson, Jun 14, 2007

  3. Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
    > > birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
    > > registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
    > > I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
    > > assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD a birthdate would
    > > be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
    > > telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    > >
    > > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
    > > bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
    > > Dec.
    > >
    > > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
    > > that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > >
    > > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
    > > flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
    > > display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
    > > input the info? :-D

    > But you are only young ...
    >
    > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
    >
    > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

    Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.28) and free
    shipping :) The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
    include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price alone
    I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI album.
    Thank you EMI!

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not
    > > > my real birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get
    > > > sent back to the registration field with a message saying "that's
    > > > an odd birthdate" as if I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't
    > > > make a silly mistake. I just assumed that like the rest of the
    > > > WHOLE FUCKING WORLD a birthdate would be DD/MM/YYYY (or
    > > > MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is telling me
    > > > _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    > > >
    > > > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the
    > > > snarky bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month,
    > > > e.g. Feb, or Dec.
    > > >
    > > > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some
    > > > reason that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > > >
    > > > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why
    > > > they're flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I
    > > > get stuck in a 'loading* animation for 15 seconds. Wow -
    > > > impressive. 15 seconds to display contact information. What are
    > > > they doing? Have a real live human input the info? :-D

    > > But you are only young ...
    > >
    > > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
    > >
    > > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

    > Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.28) and free
    > shipping :) The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
    > include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price
    > alone I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI
    > album. Thank you EMI!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would anyone even
    visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
    name.

    (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
    ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
    'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)

    However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
    prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.

    Get thee behind me satan!!!!
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 14, 2007
  5. ~misfit~ <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:

    > > > But you are only young ...
    > > >
    > > > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
    > > >
    > > > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

    > > Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.28) and free
    > > shipping :) The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
    > > include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price
    > > alone I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI
    > > album. Thank you EMI!
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet

    > Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would anyone even
    > visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
    > name.
    >
    > (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
    > ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
    > 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)

    G'day! LMAO @ the above. I'm not surprised! They are stupid
    stereotypical ads, and of course Xtra just plain stinks.

    > However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
    > prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
    >
    > Get thee behind me satan!!!!

    The free shipping won't last, but I can tell you the retailer -
    GamePlanet who sold me the CD had it for sale at a higher price in their
    own online store than through Ferrit. So it seems worthwhile to use,
    even if it's proving somewhat slow and annoying (I'm getting REAL used
    to seeing that loading animation... :-\ ).

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 14, 2007
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Chris Hope Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    >> However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
    >> prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
    >>
    >> Get thee behind me satan!!!!

    > The free shipping won't last, but I can tell you the retailer -
    > GamePlanet who sold me the CD had it for sale at a higher price in
    > their own online store than through Ferrit. So it seems worthwhile to
    > use, even if it's proving somewhat slow and annoying (I'm getting REAL
    > used to seeing that loading animation... :-\ ).

    I would hazard a guess that Ferrit is making a loss on the stuff on sale
    and that the retailer is still receiving the full amount for the order.
    My guess is Ferrit is trying to "buy" customers with their discounts in
    the hope they'll return and buy again next time.

    Chris Hope, Jun 14, 2007
  7. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Kent Smith Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my
    > real birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent
    > back to the registration field with a message saying "that's an odd
    > birthdate" as if I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a
    > silly mistake. I just assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING
    > WORLD a birthdate would be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh
    > no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input
    > DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    >
    > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the
    > snarky bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month,
    > e.g. Feb, or Dec.

    I would have thought that was 'Mmm'. MMM would be FEB, or DEC.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Jun 14, 2007
  8. > Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would
    anyone even
    > visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a bad
    > name.
    >
    > (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the 'geek'
    > ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably when the
    > 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads started screening?)
    >
    > However, with such a fine line between making ends meet and not, the
    > prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
    >
    > Get thee behind me satan!!!!

    I love the ferrit adverts, I find them amusing.
    Not that i would actually ever buy from there though...

    Andrew Lambert, Jun 14, 2007
  9. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Andrew Lambert wrote:
    > > Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would

    > anyone even
    > > visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a
    > > bad name.
    > >
    > > (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the
    > > 'geek' ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably
    > > when the 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads
    > > started screening?) However, with such a fine line between making ends
    > > meet and not, the
    > > prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
    > >
    > > Get thee behind me satan!!!!

    > I love the ferrit adverts, I find them amusing.
    > Not that i would actually ever buy from there though...

    I find them interesting in a car-crash sense. However, that's both you and I
    who wouldn't buy from there, obviously the adverts aren't doing what adverts
    are supposed to do.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 15, 2007
  10. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Kent Smith Guest

    Kent Smith, Jun 15, 2007
  11. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Kent Smith Guest

    Andrew Lambert wrote:
    > > Hmmm. I was going to reply to your first post asking why would

    > anyone even
    >> visit ferrit. Not only is it telescum but those TV ads give geeks a
    >> bad name.
    >>
    >> (Did you know that someone has petitioned Xtra/Telecom to stop the
    >> 'geek' ads because registrations for IT courses dropped noticably
    >> when the 'Xtraordinaries" campaign and the feeble gimp ferrit ads
    >> started screening?) However, with such a fine line between making ends
    >> meet and not, the
    >> prospect of possibly saving money is tempting me.
    >>
    >> Get thee behind me satan!!!!

    > I love the ferrit adverts, I find them amusing.
    > Not that i would actually ever buy from there though...

    You mean the one where the mouth is obscured by the laptop screen so they
    can re-use the same lame video with different audio every time?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Jun 15, 2007
  12. Kent Smith <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my
    > > real birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent
    > > back to the registration field with a message saying "that's an odd
    > > birthdate" as if I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a
    > > silly mistake. I just assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING
    > > WORLD a birthdate would be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh
    > > no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input
    > > DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    > >
    > > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the
    > > snarky bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month,
    > > e.g. Feb, or Dec.
    > >

    > I would have thought that was 'Mmm'. MMM would be FEB, or DEC.
    >

    > -KENT

    LOL. Too right!

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 15, 2007
  13. Jamie Kahn Genet <> wrote:

    > Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > > I'm asked for a birthdate. I of course input 06/10/1842 (ok, not my real
    > > > birthdate, but I did give Ferrit the real thing). I get sent back to the
    > > > registration field with a message saying "that's an odd birthdate" as if
    > > > I'VE made a silly mistake. Nope. I didn't make a silly mistake. I just
    > > > assumed that like the rest of the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD a birthdate would
    > > > be DD/MM/YYYY (or MM/DD/YYYY or */YY). But oh no. Idiot Ferrit.co.nz is
    > > > telling me _I'M_ silly cause I didn't input DD/MMM (not a typo) /YYYY !?
    > > >
    > > > WTF is 'MMM' you ask? It had me stumped until I read more of the snarky
    > > > bloody error. MMM is the first three letters of the month, e.g. Feb, or
    > > > Dec.
    > > >
    > > > *shakes head* Sorry, tiny unimportant thing, I know. But for some reason
    > > > that smarmy error message really got under my skin.
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > Jamie Kahn Genet
    > > >
    > > > P.S. Just clicked on their contact link to politely ask them why they're
    > > > flying in the face of common sense and usual practice. I get stuck in a
    > > > display contact information. What are they doing? Have a real live human
    > > > input the info? :-D

    > > But you are only young ...
    > >
    > > Surely the word "registration" is redundant in the subject ?
    > >
    > > WTF are you doing buying expensive crap from there anyway ?

    > Cheapest place to buy Duran Duran's 'Greatest' ($15.28) and free
    > shipping :) The iTunes store can't match it for price and they do not
    > include the videos off the bonus DVD. That said, if it were price alone
    > I'd have gone with iTunes, especially as it's a DRM-free EMI album.
    > Thank you EMI!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Uh oh :-( Just got the CD via courier and it's NOT the one I ordered.
    GamePlanet sent me the regular edition WITHOUT the bonus DVD as pictured
    on Ferrit and GamePlanet's sites.
    Still, after calling Ferrit this Saturday morning (and being pleasantly
    surprised there was someone there to take my call (8AM - 9PM seven days
    a week they tell me) :) ) I have to say they're being very helpful so
    far - promising to contact GamePlanet and get the correct product sent
    out to me. I made it clear I will NOT pay to return the wrong product. I
    expect GamePlanet to send me out a pre-paid courier pack free of charge,
    as this is their screwup. I will be very interested to see what actually
    happens next week. Ferrit's ability to deal with this retailer's screwup
    will determine whether I ever shop there again (or with GamePlanet, for
    that matter, who I've bought several games from in the past).
    Anyone else dealt with Ferrit's customer service? Will I ever be
    shopping there again, do you think?

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Jun 15, 2007
  14. Jamie Kahn Genet

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Uh oh :-( Just got the CD via courier and it's NOT the one I ordered.
    > GamePlanet sent me the regular edition WITHOUT the bonus DVD as
    > pictured on Ferrit and GamePlanet's sites.
    > Still, after calling Ferrit this Saturday morning (and being
    > pleasantly surprised there was someone there to take my call (8AM -
    > 9PM seven days a week they tell me) :) ) I have to say they're being
    > very helpful so far - promising to contact GamePlanet and get the
    > correct product sent out to me. I made it clear I will NOT pay to
    > return the wrong product. I expect GamePlanet to send me out a
    > pre-paid courier pack free of charge, as this is their screwup. I
    > will be very interested to see what actually happens next week.
    > Ferrit's ability to deal with this retailer's screwup will determine
    > whether I ever shop there again (or with GamePlanet, for that matter,
    > who I've bought several games from in the past).
    > Anyone else dealt with Ferrit's customer service? Will I ever be
    > shopping there again, do you think?

    Bummer dude.

    Please, let us know what happens.
    --