ferrit can't count the number of days in a week

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Hope, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope, Oct 13, 2006

  2. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:

    > From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=67
    >
    > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
    > this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
    > draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
    >
    > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

    And the other competition has a stuff up too:
    http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=64

    You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
    top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
    actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
    the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).

    Chris Hope, Oct 13, 2006

  3. Chris Hope

    Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:
    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    > > From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=67
    > >
    > > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
    > > this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
    > > draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
    > >
    > > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

    > And the other competition has a stuff up too:
    > http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=64
    >
    > You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
    > top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
    > actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
    > the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
    actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
    months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
    of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

    , Oct 13, 2006
  4. Chris Hope

    -=rjh=- Guest

    wrote:
    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> Chris Hope wrote:
    >>
    >>> From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=67
    >>>
    >>> "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
    >>> this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
    >>> draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
    >>>
    >>> Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

    >> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
    >> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=64
    >>
    >> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at the
    >> top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but it's
    >> actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the text on
    >> the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner right).
    >>
    >> --
    >> Chris Hope | www.electrictoolbox.com | www.linuxcdmall.com

    > Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
    > actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
    > months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
    > of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

    The ads are somewhat amusing, but I'm surprised they still use the ad
    that mentions toasters when they got caught using their own staff to
    write reviews - of toasters.

    -=rjh=-, Oct 13, 2006
  5. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> Chris Hope wrote:
    >>
    >> > From:
    >> > http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=67
    >> >
    >> > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every
    >> > day this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in
    >> > the draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
    >> >
    >> > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

    >> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
    >> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=64
    >>
    >> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at
    >> the top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but
    >> it's actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the
    >> text on the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner
    >> right).

    > Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
    > actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
    > months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
    > of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

    They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
    directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was August,
    and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They have wasted
    ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone estimated they'd
    need to turnover several hundred million in order to recoup the
    millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people even want to
    order from Ferrit instead of directly from the retailer...

    Chris Hope, Oct 13, 2006
  6. Chris Hope

    Shane Guest

    Chris Hope wrote:

    > wrote:
    >

    >> Chris Hope wrote:

    >>> And the other competition has a stuff up too:
    >>> http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=64
    >>>
    >>> You have to answer how many megapixels the camera has. The banner at
    >>> the top tells you you're going to win a Fuji 6 megapixel camera, but
    >>> it's actually a 5.1 megapixel camera (ok, so it states this in the
    >>> text on the page as well, but you'd think they'd get the banner
    >>> right).

    >> Plus their tv ads are totally stupid wankery. How many idiots have
    >> actually bought anything? It's another Flying Pig. Give it three
    >> months, after any "Christmas rush" and it will be shut down with loads
    >> of bullshit and spin about why it failed and how much it lost.

    > They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
    > directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was August,
    > and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They have wasted
    > ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone estimated they'd
    > need to turnover several hundred million in order to recoup the
    > millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people even want to
    > order from Ferrit instead of directly from the retailer...

    Im surprised its lasted this long
    Up until 2 minutes ago I had never visited it :)
    The ipod nano competition says theres one to win each day until Friday the
    20th, presumably that means, Today (1), Tomorrow (2), Sunday (3),Monday
    (4), Tuesday (5), Wednesday (6), Thursday (7), and Friday (8)

    My first question, wtf is the site supposed to be?
    It looks like a crap(tm) oscommerce implementation for crap.. (tm)
    I had thought it was going to be something like pricespy

    Bah its not my sort of thing

    /me goes and bids on crap from trademe instead

    --
    Giant Brain Spawn: Foolish human race! Organising your knowledge by category
    just made it easier to absorb. Dewey, you fool! Your decimal system has

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org

    Shane, Oct 13, 2006
  7. In message <>, Chris Hope wrote:

    > From: http://www.ferrit.co.nz/competitions/competitionenter.asp?cid=67
    >
    > "Ferrit are giving away a 2GB Apple ipod Nano (RRP $299.99) every day
    > this week! Simply enter the competition every day and you?re in the
    > draw for that day. That?s eight chances to win!"
    >
    > Eight chances to win if I enter every day this week?

    And when the Beatles sang "Eight Days a Week", they were considered
    brilliant artists. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 13, 2006
  8. Chris Hope

    Chris Hope Guest

    Shane wrote:

    [snip]

    >> They were supposed to have ecommerce functionality, where you buy
    >> directly via Ferrit, at the start of this year. And then it was
    >> August, and then September. I'm guessing it'll never happen. They
    >> have wasted ridiculous amounts of money on that site and someone
    >> estimated they'd need to turnover several hundred million in order to
    >> recoup the millions they've already spent. And that's assuming people
    >> even want to order from Ferrit instead of directly from the
    >> retailer...
    >>

    > Im surprised its lasted this long
    > Up until 2 minutes ago I had never visited it :)
    > The ipod nano competition says theres one to win each day until Friday
    > the 20th, presumably that means, Today (1), Tomorrow (2), Sunday
    > (3),Monday (4), Tuesday (5), Wednesday (6), Thursday (7), and Friday
    > (8)

    That's how they get to 8, but it's all worded badly, hence my post ;)

    > My first question, wtf is the site supposed to be?

    A place where you can find stuff to buy. They've implemented it badly
    though and it's too damn difficult as a retailer to export your data to
    them. I was supposed to do this for a customer last year but gave up
    after several hours work. They also went and changed the XML spec on me
    after I'd already created an implementation...

    > It looks like a crap(tm) oscommerce implementation for crap.. (tm)
    > I had thought it was going to be something like pricespy

    I had thought that's what it was going to be originally but it fails.
    There are very few products that are actually available at multiple
    retailers which make comparisons impossible.

    If I were them I would have approached one retailer type at a time (eg
    electronics) and made sure I had as many retailers in that type on the
    site and then get the next lot. But they just started off with the
    remnants of the Xtra shopping channel and it doesn't look like it's
    gotten much further than that.

    Chris Hope, Oct 14, 2006