    So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?

    http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg

    It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    XPD, Feb 20, 2006

  2. T'was the Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:05:10 +1300 when I remembered "XPD"
    <....nz> saying something like this:

    >So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >
    >http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >
    >It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    Somebody at Ferrit has been watching too many Ali G shows, this is a
    pretty poor Borat rip off.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Feb 20, 2006

  3. XPD

    ~misfit~ Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >
    > It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
    adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
    Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 20, 2006
  4. XPD

    jedmeister Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    >> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >>
    >> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >>
    >> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    > 'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
    > adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
    > Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I hate telecom (and the power companies come to think of it).They are
    corrupt monopolies.

    Whenever I have an ability to avoid telecom I do so.

    Unfortunately, I cannot avoid their phone line/adsl since it is the best
    service and I need it for work. Fingers crossed , naked dsl /unbundling is
    comig.

    So, I spit on their website.

    jedmeister, Feb 20, 2006
  5. XPD

    Andrew Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > XPD wrote:
    >> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >>
    >> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >>
    >> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    > 'crap' is a good title for it. I wouldn't go near ferrit on principle,
    > adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.
    > Total alienation of a large part of the intended market.

    I do like telecoms phone adverts on TV - land line NOT mobile

    Andrew, Feb 21, 2006
  6. XPD wrote:
    > So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >
    > http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >
    > It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    What amazes me is that you read the Herald without an adblock running.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Feb 21, 2006
  7. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > XPD wrote:
    >> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >>
    >> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >>
    >> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.
    >>

    > What amazes me is that you read the Herald without an adblock running.

    I have only just installed AdBlock so give me a break :p

    XPD, Feb 21, 2006
  8. XPD

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:49:18 +1300, "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >XPD wrote:
    >> So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >>
    >> http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >>
    >> It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    >adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.

    If anyone needs a severe beatdown, it's those geekoids.

    Invisible, Feb 21, 2006
  9. Invisible wrote:
    > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:49:18 +1300, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >>XPD wrote:
    >>>So, whos been tempted to visit ferrit.co.nz due to this advert ?
    >>>http://www.xpd.co.nz/crap.jpg
    >>>It REALLY encourages me to go visit..... not.

    >>adverts like that reinforce my stand. Like the TV "Xtraordinaries" ads.

    > If anyone needs a severe beatdown, it's those geekoids.

    Which marketing wonk decided to sell Xtra as the ISP with extra ornery-ness ?

    Mark Robinson, Feb 21, 2006