Ferrari 4000 owners look here for 64bit drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Barb Bowman, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Barb Bowman

    John Barnes Guest

    Let us know if you still have to dual boot or if you found everything you
    need. How is your software installing?

    John Barnes, Jul 10, 2005
  4. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    still checking baseline functionality. i will be dual booting for a
    while. but the drivers I found are all working and nothing is bangted
    out in devman anymore. i have some programs where i already know the
    installer itself does not work with XP64. nothing critical. I've got
    winzip and eudora working. i'm running my newsreader from my server so
    i can access it from any machine/partition/RDP whatever.

    i'm happy enough to get wireless working. only wish there was a WPA2
    update for the drivers and for the OS.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Barb Bowman

    NNBXX Guest

    Ferrari 4000 ? No, just a Ferrari 355 owner, lol !

    NNBXX, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Photshop CS is very happy under XP64
    Quicken 2005 installed beautifully (that was a surprise acgtually)
    Roxio DVD Creator 7 said no way (as expected)
    Nero 6.6.1.5 installed but not tested

    My phtotosmart 7550 printer (on another machine on the network)
    doesn't even have beta drivers yet. I lied to windows and said it was
    a 990 and got basic print functionality, but not what I need. HP - why
    are there no beta drivers for this?

    IE web accessories and Dev web accessories for 32 bit IE installed

    robomagic wetsock will not install (it runs on 64 but will not
    install). i've yelled at the author

    that is as far as i got yesterday.

    office and other stuff maybe today.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Barb Bowman wrote:

    >ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/ferrari_4000/driver/64 bit driver/
    >
    >this is the mother lode. I'm posting from XP64 pver wireless. Now to
    >install the rest of the stuff I found in this directory.

    That's been added since last saturday, since I was crawling all over
    Acer's entire set of global websites and FTP servers looking for 64-bit
    drivers then.

    As the websites have been updated with SKUs for x64 pre-loaded since then,
    I figured x64 driver support would not be long in following.

    >(I never give us easily)

    Me neither.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jul 11, 2005
  8. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 11, 2005
  9. No, but notice his email address -- he's in the UK, and that web site is
    showing x64 Edition SKUs. ;)

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 11, 2005
  10. Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jul 11, 2005
  11. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 11, 2005
  12. way ahead, in this case.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 11, 2005
  13. Barb Bowman wrote:

    >ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/ferrari_4000/driver/64 bit driver/
    >
    >this is the mother lode. I'm posting from XP64 pver wireless. Now to
    >install the rest of the stuff I found in this directory.

    Unfortunately, it appears that the chipset ZIP is corrupted on the site -
    according to the readme, it should be some 50Mb or so in size, not the
    ~32Mb that's there.

    Anyone know who to contact at Acer?

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jul 11, 2005
  14. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    the ATI southbridge chip driver is actually in the other file as
    well...

    Barb Bowman, Jul 11, 2005
  15. "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <> wrote in message

    > Surely the UK is not ahead of everyone else? <g>

    Surely not. I think most likely Acer offered it in their home province
    before exporting it. Why don't they offer it in neighbouring countries
    though.
    Norman Diamond, Jul 12, 2005
  16. The Ferrari 4000 now appears on the support area of Acer's USA website:
    http://global.acer.com/support/windows/winxp-professional-x64.htm

    Cheers,
    -Brian Jimdar

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJpYW4uSmltZGFy?=, Jul 12, 2005
  17. Great, thanks for posting that. So now the TAP is officially supported for
    the Ferrari in the US. Excellent.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 12, 2005
  18. Barb Bowman

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:03:38 +0900, "Norman Diamond"
    <> wrote:

    >Why don't they offer it in neighbouring countries though.

    Put in a complaint at the European Union's consumer affairs for
    discrimination in markets ;-)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jul 12, 2005
  19. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jul 12, 2005
  20. Barb Bowman

    John Barnes Guest

    I really wouldn't call it support when they recommend against it and 'Acer
    might provide you with relevant technical support or troubleshooting
    services at the then current charge designated by each local service
    center.'

    John Barnes, Jul 12, 2005