Femtocell incoming calls - Xpost

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by David WE Roberts, Jan 5, 2013.

  1. I am starting the process to try and get a femtocell from 3 because the
    voice connection from my house is poor and keeps breaking up.

    I am assuming that this runs VOIP to a 3 switch somewhere then gets rolled
    over into the main network.

    I was wondering if/how it handled incoming calls.

    Presumably it will be something like Skype, which presumably must keep a
    connection up to the server at all times so that it can take incoming calls
    or messages.
    [Don't know if it polls several times a second or just keeps up a permanent
    connection through the NAT router/firewall to allow incoming calls.]
    Also presumably the phone must register to the 3 network via the femtocell
    when it is turned on and in range so the call can be routed over the
    broadband connection.

    I am assuming that it will work - just wondering how.

    Cheers

    Dave R

    [Not even bunny]

    Helmuth von Moltke the Elder