    parka and the overnight bag I was carrying had Apple logos on them.

    I’m wondering if it isn’t time to pack all that away. Maybe I should stop
    publicly demonstrating any connection, even if it’s a past one, to Apple.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 19, 2011

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-05-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > I used to be an Apple guy, through much of the 1980s and 1990s. Then we
    > parted ways. I still own 4 Macs, and a bunch of tchotchkes picked up at
    > developer conferences (back in the days when the comp.sys.mac.* groups on
    > USENET actually defined a community). Today someone commented that both the
    > parka and the overnight bag I was carrying had Apple logos on them.
    >
    > I?m wondering if it isn?t time to pack all that away. Maybe I should stop
    > publicly demonstrating any connection, even if it?s a past one, to Apple.

    Interesting you should make the point about past one. Me myself and I and
    your $ to us, is still alive. So the logo is still erect, even if it is past
    one.
    Gordon, May 20, 2011

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-05-19, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > I used to be an Apple guy, through much of the 1980s and 1990s. Then we
    > parted ways. I still own 4 Macs, and a bunch of tchotchkes picked up at
    > developer conferences (back in the days when the comp.sys.mac.* groups on
    > USENET actually defined a community). Today someone commented that both the
    > parka and the overnight bag I was carrying had Apple logos on them.
    >
    > I?m wondering if it isn?t time to pack all that away. Maybe I should stop
    > publicly demonstrating any connection, even if it?s a past one, to Apple.

    Fruit is still about so your displaying their logo is still $$$ good for
    them.
    Gordon, May 20, 2011
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Me Guest

    On 20/05/2011 6:57 p.m., geoff wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> I used to be an Apple guy, through much of the 1980s and 1990s. Then
    >> we parted ways. I still own 4 Macs, and a bunch of tchotchkes picked
    >> up at developer conferences (back in the days when the comp.sys.mac.*
    >> groups on USENET actually defined a community). Today someone
    >> commented that both the parka and the overnight bag I was carrying
    >> had Apple logos on them.
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if it isn't time to pack all that away. Maybe I should
    >> stop publicly demonstrating any connection, even if it's a past one,
    >> to Apple.

    > Did you take up another religon, or simply lapse ?

    What's religion got to do with it?
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/05/19/apple.religion/index.html?hpt=C2
    Me, May 20, 2011
  5. geoff wrote:
    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> I used to be an Apple guy, through much of the 1980s and 1990s. Then
    >> we parted ways. I still own 4 Macs, and a bunch of tchotchkes picked
    >> up at developer conferences (back in the days when the comp.sys.mac.*
    >> groups on USENET actually defined a community). Today someone
    >> commented that both the parka and the overnight bag I was carrying
    >> had Apple logos on them.
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if it isn't time to pack all that away. Maybe I should
    >> stop publicly demonstrating any connection, even if it's a past one,
    >> to Apple.

    > Did you take up another religon, or simply lapse ?

    Is the Pope a Catholic?

    Lawrence is one of the few big OS proselytisers in nz.comp. Most other
    people treat their OS (whichever it is) just as a tool, not a religion.
    Lawrence D'Oublespeak, May 20, 2011