Feedback

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Luca, Jun 2, 2005.

  1. Luca

    Luca Guest

    Luca, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Luca

    dylan Guest

    "Luca" <> wrote in message
    news:d7mvds$df4$-infra.bt.com...
    > Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
    > appreciate any constructive feedback
    >
    > Thanks!

    nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
    across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
    anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.

    Cheers
    dylan, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Luca

    Rigol Guest

    I'm guessing that the web address is just what's called a 'watermark'
    and only exists on the web version to prevent people from fleecing the
    images.

    I think the photos are variable but mostly great. I love the one
    across the shallow water with the rocks and blue sky - lovely
    composition. Wish I was as good.

    Mike
    Rigol, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Luca

    Luca Guest

    Yep Probably you are correct we can lower the resolution and remove the
    watermark!

    I know it spoils everything...but we had images stolen before.....not only
    that (that at the end of the day are still reasonably low res uimages) but
    they were using the images on our server creating traffic and no
    sales//results

    Thanks!

    Luca, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Luca

    jimkramer Guest

    "dylan" <> wrote in message

    > "Luca" <> wrote in message
    >> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
    >> appreciate any constructive feedback
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
    > across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
    > anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.
    >
    > Cheers

    Someone just swiped a 640x480 image of mine to use in a half page print ad
    in a magazine. People will steal anything not tied down and watermarked.

    I did enjoy the images.

    Jim Kramer
    jimkramer, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Luca

    Brad Guest

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:16:00 +0000 (UTC), "Luca"
    <> wrote:

    >Yep Probably you are correct we can lower the resolution and remove the
    >watermark!
    >
    >I know it spoils everything...but we had images stolen before.....not only
    >that (that at the end of the day are still reasonably low res uimages) but
    >they were using the images on our server creating traffic and no
    >sales//results
    >
    >Thanks!
    >

    >"dylan" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Luca" <> wrote in message
    >>> Please have a look at my site http://www.sitheanphoto.com I will
    >>> appreciate any constructive feedback
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>

    >> nice pictures of a nice part of the country, pity about the web address
    >> across them all, I appreciate the idea to stop anyone using them but is
    >> anyone going to make use of a 420x270 image ?, it spoils the viewing.
    >>
    >> Cheers

    Yes its a tough call but you gotta keep in mind that you have them on
    the website so that prospective clients can see your work at near your
    best and subconsciously the pictures lose some of their magic .....I
    have seen things that just didn't allow the copy feature without
    marking up the picture but maybe these thieves are more advanced than
    just using the copy feature huh......??

    Brad

    LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
    WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
    Brad, Jun 2, 2005
  7. Luca

    Luca Guest

    Started to remove the watermark from the two main galleries ....job is done
    automatically by the software and I do not have to do it !

    Marco

    Luca, Jun 2, 2005