  1. Just updated my photography site.

    Comments are really appreciated

    www.khelgens.com

    Isaac and Karey Helgens, May 31, 2004

  2. Isaac and Karey Helgens

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Isaac and Karey Helgens" <>
    stated that:

    >Just updated my photography site.
    >
    >Comments are really appreciated

    Considering that you are the same people who very rudely touted for
    votes here less than a week ago, I don't think you'll be getting too
    many compliments:
    ------------
    ------------
    please vote for my images at...

    http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/index.php

    www.khelgens.com

    ------------

    Lionel, May 31, 2004

  3. Isaac and Karey Helgens

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Isaac and Karey Helgens" <> wrote in message
    > Just updated my photography site.
    >
    > Comments are really appreciated

    Here's a comment - I ain't gonna look at no cheat's site. How's that for a
    comment?

    Alan D-W, May 31, 2004
  4. why are you calling me a cheat. There is no contest, I am not trying to win
    anything. I just wanted to know what people thought of my work.
    Karey

    Isaac and Karey Helgens, May 31, 2004
  5. Isaac and Karey Helgens

    > why are you calling me a cheat. There is no contest, I am not trying to

    win
    > anything. I just wanted to know what people thought of my work.
    > Karey

    I quote:

    "please vote for my images at...

    http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/index.php "

    That's why.

    Alan D-W, May 31, 2004
  6. Isaac and Karey Helgens

    Guest

    , May 31, 2004
  7. If you go to the site you'll see that to "vote" is to enter your opinion of
    the image on a scale of 1 to 10. There was no request to "vote 10" or
    anything that would skew the votes. What was requested was for people to
    place votes thereby showing their opinion of the photos that were posted on
    the jones soda site. There is no contest involved and in no way does the
    number of votes an image receives correlate to it having a higher score.
    The score is tallied by popular opinion ranking and is an average of all the
    scores of all of the votes received. To ask for people to review your work
    is not rude. Look at the page and the voting system and you'll see what I
    mean.

    Thanks.

    Isaac and Karey Helgens, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Isaac and Karey Helgens

    > If you go to the site you'll see that to "vote" is to enter your opinion

    of
    > the image on a scale of 1 to 10. There was no request to "vote 10" or
    > anything that would skew the votes. What was requested was for people to
    > place votes thereby showing their opinion of the photos that were posted

    on
    > the jones soda site. There is no contest involved and in no way does the
    > number of votes an image receives correlate to it having a higher score.
    > The score is tallied by popular opinion ranking and is an average of all

    the
    > scores of all of the votes received. To ask for people to review your

    work
    > is not rude. Look at the page and the voting system and you'll see what I
    > mean.

    You asked us to vote for you. That's cheating, plain and simple. Trying to
    gain an advantage by unfairly seeking additional votes. You never asked for
    us to review your work, you just asked for votes. Well I did as you asked,
    as it happens, I gave you Bad about 5 times. You deserve it.

    Alan D-W, Jun 2, 2004
  9. advantage for what? I don't win anything...there is no prize. So because I
    was driving traffic to the site to see images, I was cheating? I am sorry I
    mispoke on the whole "vote" thing. That is what they refer to it as. I
    simply wanted an opinion or rating on a few pictures.
    Karey

    Isaac and Karey Helgens, Jun 3, 2004