    post and slap myself on the wrists.
    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ßødincµs²°°°, May 27, 2006

  2. ßødincµs²°°°

    Memnoch Guest

    On Sat, 27 May 2006 12:28:08 GMT, ßødincµs²°°° <> wrote:

    >While I know that advertising is not allowed on this newsgroup, and
    >totally agree to a ban on ads of any kind, I just wanted to ask if
    >someone could be interested in buying a 1-month-old Fritz!Box Fon WLAN.
    >
    >If someone is interested, drop a line and I'll put it on EBay: if nobody
    >is, I won't bother... a few quids spared!

    It will cost you almost nothing. Just put it on Ebay and see what happens.

    >Please don't start to barter or bid here, just let me know if there is
    >any interest.
    >
    >Obviously, being the item almost new the price can't be very far from
    >the list price, but... I'll let you know on EBay, if and when it will be
    >on.

    Sorry but almost new is still second hand.

    Memnoch, May 27, 2006

  3. "ßødincµs²°°°" <> wrote in message

    > Obviously, being the item almost new the price can't be very far from
    > the list price, but... I'll let you know on EBay, if and when it will be
    > on.

    No idea what the "list price" is ...
    Just for your info: 2nd hand - unused - Fritz Boxes (e.g. FritzBox Fon WLAN
    7050) get sold in e-Bay.de at around 120¤

    rgds
    Philippe
    Philippe Deleye, May 27, 2006
  4. ßødincµs²°°°

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Philippe Deleye" <> wrote in message

    > "ßødincµs²°°°" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Obviously, being the item almost new the price can't be very far from
    >> the list price, but... I'll let you know on EBay, if and when it will be
    >> on.

    > No idea what the "list price" is ...
    > Just for your info: 2nd hand - unused - Fritz Boxes (e.g. FritzBox Fon
    > WLAN
    > 7050) get sold in e-Bay.de at around 120¤

    Which given that the 7050, which is the latest model, can be had new for
    £140 or less, gives you an idea.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 28, 2006
  5. Recently, Philippe Deleye popped out over the fence
    around uk.telecom.voip and said...

    |"ßødincµs²°°°" <> wrote in message

    |> Obviously, being the item almost new the price can't be very far from
    |> the list price, but... I'll let you know on EBay, if and when it will be
    |> on.
    |
    |No idea what the "list price" is ...
    |Just for your info: 2nd hand - unused - Fritz Boxes (e.g. FritzBox Fon WLAN
    |7050) get sold in e-Bay.de at around 120?
    |
    |rgds
    |Philippe

    You can't use german Fritz!Boxes here in UK.
    1) AFAIK, different ADSL standard; in Germany the most common type of
    ADSL is on ISDN.
    2) Different PSTN specs.
    3) German boxes come with German firmware, and ... well... in German!
    Dunno if is possible to flash an English firmware. If yes, it probably
    invalidates the warranty.

    Maybe this is a load of .... but I'm not happy to buy something on EBay
    without being sure I won't be disappointed.

    You can buy a new Fritz!Box Fon WLAN ready for the UK market @ 119 quid
    w/VAT, and a 7050 @ 139. Get the measure from that.

    Anyway, given the poor / inexistent feedback at this stage, I won't put
    it on EBay still. I can wait... ;-)

    --
    ßødincµs²°°° - The Y2K Druid
    ßødincµs²°°°, May 29, 2006