    CiscoWorks Security Information Management Solution (CiscoWorks SIMS)?
    How do you like it? Is it doing what it is supposed to do well?

    Thanks

    George, Jul 1, 2004

  2. George

    Phil Hollows Guest

    (George) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Can somebody share his experience with
    > CiscoWorks Security Information Management Solution (CiscoWorks SIMS)?
    > How do you like it? Is it doing what it is supposed to do well?
    >
    > Thanks

    George:

    I'll come right out and say my company has a software solution that
    competes head to head with CW SIMS (aka netForensics). Since you're
    doing your due diligence online, please visit www.open.com and check
    out the pages for Security Threat Manager.

    Not only do we support Cisco products, we also correlate events from
    other vendors' products, such as ISS, Secure Computing, Netscreen,
    Checkpoint, Lucent, Symantec, Sophos, Network Associates, open source
    and more. Unlike SIMS, which cannot correlate events with
    vulnerability assessment data, our product can, which makes it much
    more successful at eliminating fals positives and identifying the most
    important threats to your organization.

    Also, since it's software based, it will run on the platform you
    choose, and has much more flexibility to scale out to handle greater
    loads than SIMS does.

    Thanks

    Phil Hollows
    VP Security Products