    T: 0870 861 0 300
    E:
    W: www.voicehost.co.uk
    Phil Collin, Oct 12, 2006

  2. Phil Collin

    PhilT Guest

    > we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    > We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
    > regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.

    "VoiceHost offer free 0870 telephone numbers, so you can have multiple
    numbers on your account. Maybe one for friends and family and another
    for business." - no geographic numbers then ?

    The menu on the left of the home page only goes to a single item -
    worldwide calls - whereas on subsequent pages you can click an
    individual link.

    Free Worldwide Calls

    Free Worldwide Calls
    Free Call Waiting
    Free Caller ID
    Free Call Hold
    Free Music On Hold
    Free Voicemail
    Free Voicemail Alerts
    Free 1471 Last Caller
    Free Caller ID Rewriting
    Free 0870 Numbers
    Editable Caller ID
    Call Divert
    Call Transfer
    Wi-fi Calls
    Multiple lines
    virtual pbx
    Call Records

    Phil
    PhilT, Oct 12, 2006

  3. Thus spaketh Phil Collin:
    > Dear Group,
    > we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    > We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
    > regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
    > www.voicehost.co.uk
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Phil.

    Is it possible to not have voicemail switched on, so the phone will
    continue to ring until answered or the caller hangs up, it is most
    annoying having forced voicemail on no answer / unavailable.

    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Oct 12, 2006
  4. Phil Collin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil Collin" <> wrote in
    message
    > Dear Group,
    > we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    > We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or
    > bad with regards our web site and our service if you are
    > prepared to try it. www.voicehost.co.uk
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Phil.

    The website looks reasonable at first glance, but I can see no mention of
    pricing for PSTN calls, or even that they are supported. If you aren't
    offering PSTN connect you won't get many customers..! Where is the list of
    providers you peer with..? I use Sipgate, Gradwell and FWD, are they
    supported..?

    Also are you only offering 0870 numbers free as if so you won't get many
    taking you up on that, nor will they call an 0870 number for support,
    these numbers are not appreciated by most people here.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 12, 2006
  5. Phil Collin

    Phil Collin Guest

    Thanks Phil,
    we will fix the front page links and add the geographic numbers section too.

    Phil

    --

    Phil Collin
    Partner Manager
    Phil Collin, Oct 12, 2006
  6. Phil Collin

    Phil Collin Guest

    Yes, it is possible to set this option, we will enable it in our control
    panel as an option in the next day or so.
    Any other thoughts let us know.

    Phil.

    Phil Collin, Oct 12, 2006
  7. Phil Collin

    Phil Collin Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Phil Collin" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> Dear Group,
    >> we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    >> We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or
    >> bad with regards our web site and our service if you are
    >> prepared to try it. www.voicehost.co.uk
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Phil.

    > The website looks reasonable at first glance, but I can see no mention of
    > pricing for PSTN calls, or even that they are supported. If you aren't
    > offering PSTN connect you won't get many customers..! Where is the list of
    > providers you peer with..? I use Sipgate, Gradwell and FWD, are they
    > supported..?
    >
    > Also are you only offering 0870 numbers free as if so you won't get many
    > taking you up on that, nor will they call an 0870 number for support,
    > these numbers are not appreciated by most people here.
    >
    > Ivor

    At the bottom of the front page is a central panel which displays
    different information every few seconds in a revolving cycle. Part of
    that information is our PSTN pricing. We will add a PSTN pricing page as
    a separate item.

    We will add the list of providers we peer with, for your info though the
    ones you already use are supported plus many more.

    Currently we are not offering geographic numbers for free, this is
    something we have planned for the future.

    Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost account, to our support
    numbers are FREE.
    We will be adding an 0845 support number to rectify the problem you
    pointed out.
    Any other thoughts please let us know.

    Phil

    --

    Phil Collin
    Partner Manager
    Phil Collin, Oct 12, 2006
  8. Phil Collin

    Scope Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
    > Thus spaketh Phil Collin:
    >> Dear Group,
    >> we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    >> We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
    >> regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
    >> www.voicehost.co.uk
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Phil.

    > Is it possible to not have voicemail switched on, so the phone will
    > continue to ring until answered or the caller hangs up, it is most
    > annoying having forced voicemail on no answer / unavailable.

    You can disable the voicemail with voip.co.uk aswell, in case you didnt
    know. :)
    Scope, Oct 12, 2006
  9. Phil Collin

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Phil Collin wrote :
    > Dear Group,
    > we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    > We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with regards
    > our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
    > www.voicehost.co.uk
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Phil.

    Some errors in this paragraph on the support page:

    There are a few options for telephone numbers, by default you will be
    assigned a national number, which is not *regon* *persific*. However if
    you require a local geographic number this is also possible
    Jono, Oct 12, 2006
  10. Phil Collin

    Guest

    On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:42:43 +0100, Phil Collin
    <> wrote:

    >Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost account, to our support
    >numbers are FREE.

    Have you read this Ivor not only do they supply a number to contact
    support they allow customers to contact them for free , yet another
    VOIP provider that isn't scared of being contacted by its customers .
    , Oct 12, 2006
  11. Phil Collin

    GwG Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:42:43 +0100, Phil Collin
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost account, to our
    >>support
    >>numbers are FREE.

    > Have you read this Ivor not only do they supply a number to contact
    > support they allow customers to contact them for free , yet another
    > VOIP provider that isn't scared of being contacted by its customers .

    Don't they all start off like this? They promise the earth, and the moon
    and stars, then when the customers pile in, enticed by those promises,
    they find they cannot cope, and then blame their unexpected success on
    their downfall.
    GwG, Oct 12, 2006
  12. Phil Collin

    Martin² Guest

    >We will be adding an 0845 support number...

    Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    of us have NO landline anymore....
    regards,
    Martin
    Martin², Oct 13, 2006
  13. Phil Collin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:42:43 +0100, Phil Collin
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost
    > > account, to our support numbers are FREE.

    FFS put a space in..!

    > Have you read this Ivor not only do they supply a number
    > to contact support they allow customers to contact them
    > for free , yet another VOIP provider that isn't scared of
    > being contacted by its customers

    Yawn............

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 13, 2006
  14. Phil Collin

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Calling 0845/0870 from mobiles (was: Re: Feed Back Requested)

    Martin² wrote:
    >> We will be adding an 0845 support number...

    > Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    > of us have NO landline anymore....

    What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to call 0845/0870 numbers?
    Paul Cupis, Oct 13, 2006
  15. Re: Calling 0845/0870 from mobiles (was: Re: Feed Back Requested)

    In article <egnf1a$kk4$>,
    Paul Cupis <> wrote:
    >Martin² wrote:
    >>> We will be adding an 0845 support number...

    >> Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    >> of us have NO landline anymore....

    >What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to call 0845/0870 numbers?

    Oh they all allow it - but most people object to paying 15p a minute to
    call them, then then being put on hold for half an hour. (O2 PAYG charge,
    but I'm sure the other operators aren't much different)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Oct 13, 2006
  16. Phil Collin

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article <egnf1a$kk4$>,
    > Paul Cupis <> wrote:
    >>> Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    >>> of us have NO landline anymore....

    >> What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to call 0845/0870 numbers?

    > Oh they all allow it - but most people object to paying 15p a minute to
    > call them, then then being put on hold for half an hour. (O2 PAYG charge,
    > but I'm sure the other operators aren't much different)

    I must have misread the previous poster - I'm sure he said that most
    "can't/won't" call the number - I guess he just meant "won't".
    Paul Cupis, Oct 13, 2006
  17. Phil Collin

    Brian A Guest

    Re: Calling 0845/0870 from mobiles (was: Re: Feed Back Requested)

    On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:41:35 +0000 (UTC),
    (Gordon Henderson) wrote:

    >In article <egnf1a$kk4$>,
    >Paul Cupis <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    >>> of us have NO landline anymore....

    >>What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to call 0845/0870 numbers?

    >Oh they all allow it - but most people object to paying 15p a minute to
    >call them, then then being put on hold for half an hour. (O2 PAYG charge,
    >but I'm sure the other operators aren't much different)
    >
    >Gordon

    O2 high street tariffs have 0845,0870,0844 as inclusive minutes.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Skype Free Zone!!
    Brian A, Oct 13, 2006
  18. Phil Collin

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Re: Calling 0845/0870 from mobiles (was: Re: Feed Back Requested)

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:41:35 +0000 (UTC),
    > (Gordon Henderson) wrote:
    > > In article <egnf1a$kk4$>,
    > > Paul Cupis <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > > > What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to
    > > > call 0845/0870 numbers?

    > > Oh they all allow it - but most people object to paying
    > > 15p a minute to call them, then then being put on hold
    > > for half an hour. (O2 PAYG charge, but I'm sure the
    > > other operators aren't much different)

    > O2 high street tariffs have 0845,0870,0844 as inclusive
    > minutes.

    The prices mentioned were for O2 Pay As You Go. Not everyone
    wants/needs/can afford a contract.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Oct 13, 2006
  19. Phil Collin

    Herman Guest

    > Dear Group,
    > we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
    > We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with regards
    > our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
    > www.voicehost.co.uk
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Phil.
    > --
    >
    > Phil Collin
    > Partner Manager
    > T: 0870 861 0 300
    > E:
    > W: www.voicehost.co.uk

    For peering, have you considered partnering with sipbroker? this would mean
    that you have less issues maintaining the providers details and give
    customers an up-to-date list which is not uk-centric.
    Herman, Oct 14, 2006
  20. Phil Collin

    Guest

    Re: Calling 0845/0870 from mobiles (was: Re: Feed Back Requested)

    On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:23:20 +0100, Paul Cupis <>
    wrote:

    >Martin² wrote:
    >>> We will be adding an 0845 support number...

    >> Still NO good. Most of us can't / won't call 0845 or 0870 from mobiles, some
    >> of us have NO landline anymore....

    >What mobile operator/tariff does not allow you to call 0845/0870 numbers?

    Why in Gods name do you keep trying to defend the use of these
    obnoxious numbers Paul there is only 02 that I know of that allows
    them for free from a mobile .
    , Oct 14, 2006