Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Sid9, Jun 2, 2006.

  1. Sid9

    Sid9 Guest

    Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA

    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

    Published: June 2, 2006

    Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET

    DETROIT (AP) -- A federal judge will go ahead with hearings in a legal
    challenge to a warrantless domestic surveillance program run by the National
    Security Agency.

    U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor also criticized the Justice Department
    for failing to respond to the legal challenge, The Detroit News reported
    Friday.

    The NSA and the Justice Department declined immediate comment. The Bush
    administration has said that hearings would reveal state secrets that affect
    national security.

    The American Civil Liberties Union in Detroit and the Center for
    Constitutional Rights in New York filed lawsuits against the program in
    January, saying it violates Americans' rights to free speech and to privacy.

    In March, the plaintiffs asked the judge to declare the National Security
    Agency's program illegal. They said the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance
    Act requires that the spy agency go to a secret court in order to spy within
    the United States.

    The government filed a motion saying that no court can consider the issues
    because of a privilege against revealing state secrets, if doing so harms
    national security. The judge said she will hear the government's motion only
    after proceeding with a June 12 hearing on the plaintiffs' motion to
    summarily declare the spying illegal.

    ''Although defendants have not responded to said motion they may, if they
    appear, argue against it,'' she said.

    --

    *Had Enough*?

    *Had enough Republican lies*?
    *Had enough Republican immorality*?
    *Had enough Republican corruption*?
    *Had enough Republican bad judgment*?
    *Had enough Republican incompetence*?
    *Had enough Republican fear mongering*?
    *Had enough Republican unnecessary war*?
    *Had enough Republican high fuel prices*?
    *Had enough Republican false religiosity*?
    *Had enough Republican secret government*?
    *Had enough Republican illegal surveillance*?
    *Had enough Republican financial mismanagement*?

    "...*reality has a well-known liberal bias*",...*Colbert*

    *Had Enough*? *Vote Democratic*
    Sid9, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Sid9

    GMAN Guest

    In article <USWfg.68165$>, "Sid9" <> wrote:
    >Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA
    >
    >By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    >
    >Published: June 2, 2006
    >
    >Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET
    >
    >DETROIT (AP) -- A federal judge will go ahead with hearings in a legal
    >challenge to a warrantless domestic surveillance program run by the National
    >Security Agency.
    >
    >U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor also criticized the Justice Department
    >for failing to respond to the legal challenge, The Detroit News reported
    >Friday.

    Oh great, another liberal dyke judge.
    GMAN, Jun 4, 2006

  3. "GMAN" <> wrote in message
    > In article <USWfg.68165$>, "Sid9"
    > <> wrote:
    >>Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA
    >>
    >>By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    >>
    >>Published: June 2, 2006
    >>
    >>Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET
    >>
    >>DETROIT (AP) -- A federal judge will go ahead with hearings in a legal
    >>challenge to a warrantless domestic surveillance program run by the
    >>National
    >>Security Agency.
    >>
    >>U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor also criticized the Justice
    >>Department
    >>for failing to respond to the legal challenge, The Detroit News reported
    >>Friday.
    >>

    > Oh great, another liberal dyke judge.

    Oh great, another fascist Hitler Wannabe motherfucker.
    Bothrops Wife, Jun 4, 2006
  4. "Sid9" <> wrote:

    >Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA
    >By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

    Ha! Eat SHIT, ya fucking Republinazi terrorist mother fuckers!

    ---
    "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq,
    the United States and our allies have prevailed."
    --- Terrorist baby killer George W. Bush, May 1, 2003
    George Washington Hayduke, Jun 4, 2006
  5. Sid9

    GMAN Guest

    In article <_HHgg.123221$>, "Bothrops Wife" <> wrote:

    >"GMAN" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <USWfg.68165$>, "Sid9"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>>Federal Judge Allows Lawsuit Against NSA
    >>>
    >>>By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    >>>
    >>>Published: June 2, 2006
    >>>
    >>>Filed at 8:50 a.m. ET
    >>>
    >>>DETROIT (AP) -- A federal judge will go ahead with hearings in a legal
    >>>challenge to a warrantless domestic surveillance program run by the
    >>>National
    >>>Security Agency.
    >>>
    >>>U.S. District Judge Anna Diggs Taylor also criticized the Justice
    >>>Department
    >>>for failing to respond to the legal challenge, The Detroit News reported
    >>>Friday.
    >>>

    >> Oh great, another liberal dyke judge.

    >Oh great, another fascist Hitler Wannabe motherfucker.

    Yes, i AM the type that would rather cut a pedophiles balls off rather than let
    them out of jail to walk the street like these Liberal Dyke judges seem to do.
    GMAN, Jun 5, 2006